t
i
r
r
undertaps54 undertaps54
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Please help me I do not get this questions at all. Thank you!

You have a 45 year old patient, Mr. Richards that has been suffering from a  digestive disorder since his early childhood. You take some samples of various digestive enzymes from the patients duodenum. In the laboratory, you run tests on these samples- a positive buret test indicates that proteins are present, and a positive ninhydrin test indicates that amino acids are present. The table below gives the results for test on the proteases of the patient. Similar results were found for amylases and lipase's from this patient.

Additives                                          Incubation time             Biuret Results        Ninhydrin Results
1ml of 10% protease                               2hr                              +++                              -
1ml of 10% albumin                                 8hr                              +++                              -
37 degrees c.                                          15hr                            +++                               -
                                                                   2 days                       ++                               -
                                                                   5 days                        -                                +++
(same for all additives)

Question: When you met Mr. Richards in the ward, you were not surprised to find him:

A. short and skinny
B. medium build
C. tall and overweight
D. none of the above
Read 463 times
2 Replies