r
d
l
a
Lim Jun Jie Lim Jun Jie
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago

Identify whether each sentence uses passive or active voice and then rewrite sentences using passive voice in the active voice. Leave the ones using the active voice alone.

1. The gardener plants daffodils in her garden every spring. 2. The chicken was saved from the jaws of a raccoon by the farmer. 3. Mac watched the snow fall thickly on the countryside. 4. The tea was served in tiny, delicate cups. 5. All of the phones are being tapped. 6. The senators were busy arguing among themselves. 7. She hoola-hooped all day long. 8. The potholes in the alley were being made larger by cars every day. 9. Promises were made, but not kept, about controlling pollution from the plant. 10. The scarf was wrapped snugly around my neck before I went outside. 11. He made cookies for everyone. 12. Four apartments were burglarized by the pre-teen gang in one night. 13. With the city under siege, the shelves were bare in just about every store. 14. This is shaping up to be the wettest winter in fifty years. 15. The motorcycle was purchased by a young woman. 16. False statements were made to the press by the researchers studying the problem.

Read 58 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
bretteeeebretteeee
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 130 words.