d
l
a
krustythe krustythe
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Hello,

I will be taking general biochemistry at GMU this fall semester. I already finished my undergrad degree last year at a different university (UVA). I am taking biochem because I am applying to med school and it should look good if I do well. I didn't take this class at UVA b/c everyone at UVA is extremely smart and I can't compete with the natural born geniuses (I'm a mere mortal). So I figure that GMU should be a tad easier but who knows.

Biochem scares the crap out of me because of all the bad things I heard about it from my time at UVA. But my schedule is light at 7 credits. I am taking biochem and graduate level virology class. I know my limits so I am shooting for a B+ or higher.  

I plan to take this class very seriously and actually pre-read before class. I downloaded the pdf versions of Lehninger, Principles of Biochemistry 5th edition and its solutions manual.

Is it possible for a non-genius to do well in this class? Can hard work beat talent in this class?....Any advice you biochem veterans could provide would be very much appreciated. Anyone else taking it during fall also? It would cool hearing from you too.

Read 2449 times
2 Replies