r
d
l
a
jackryan123 jackryan123
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
An 8-month pregnant woman asks the nurse, Does my baby have any antibodies to fight infection? The most appropriate response by the nurse is:

1. Your baby has all the immunoglobulins it will needIgG, IgM, and IgA..
  2. Your baby won't receive any antibodies until it is born and you breastfeed..
  3. Your baby does not have any antibodies to fight infection..
  4. Your baby has IgG and IgM immunoglobulins..
Read 36 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
1. Incorrect. During the third trimester, the only immunoglobulin that crosses the placenta, IgG, provides passive acquired immunity to specific bacterial toxins. The fetus produces IgM by the end of the first trimester. IgA immunoglobulins are not produced by the baby.
2. Incorrect. By the third trimester, the fetus has IgG and IgM. Breastfeeding will supply the baby with IgA immunoglobulins.
3. Incorrect. This is not an accurate statement. By the third trimester, the fetus has IgG and IgM.
4. Correct. During the third trimester, the only immunoglobulin that crosses the placenta, IgG, provides passive acquired immunity to specific bacterial toxins. The fetus produces IgM by the end of the first trimester.
jackryan123 Author
wrote...
6 years ago
Exactly what I needed for my quiz
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  997 People Browsing
 159 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274