t
i
r
r
Shavonne96 Shavonne96
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The clinic nurse is explaining to a new prenatal client that the certified nursemidwife will be performing clinical pelvimetry as a part of the pelvic exam.

The nurse knows that teaching has been successful if the client states, The certified nursemidwife will perform this examination because: 1. It will help understand how big a baby I can have.
  2. Doing this exam is a part of prenatal care at this clinic.
  3. My sister had both of her babies by cesarean.
  4. I am pregnant with my first child.
Read 33 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Rationale:
1. Clinical pelvimetry is an estimate of the diameter of the pelvis the baby fits through during birth. The estimated size of the pelvis helps estimate what size fetus the client can deliver vaginally.
2. Although this is a true statement, the estimation of the pelvis to estimate how big a fetus the client can vaginally deliver is more important.
3. No information is known about why the client's sister had her babies by cesarean. Clinical pelvimetry is performed to estimate how big a fetus the client can vaginally deliver.
4. Clinical pelvimetry is performed to estimate how big a fetus the client can vaginally deliver.
Shavonne96 Author
wrote...
6 years ago
thank you so much for providing this
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1314 People Browsing
 123 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431