r
r
bio_man bio_man
wrote...
Administrator
Educator
13 years ago
U.K. man brought back from the dead after three hours without heartbeat

A U.K. man with no heartbeat for three and a half hours was literally brought back from the dead in what he hails as a medical miracle.

Arun Bhasin, 53, was found unconscious in cold weather in December and taken to Croydon University Hospital in London where he suffered heart failure.

Two leading resuscitation doctors hooked him up to a remarkable new tool called the Zoll AutoPulse pump that replaces the need for traditional cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).

The battery-operated machine covers the chest and is able to perform 100 compressions per minute more efficiently than what can be provided by manual compression.

In the case of Bhasin, his condition required the machine to perform more than 20,000 chest compressions (four full batteries) to keep blood moving throughout his body while medics attempted to stabilize his condition.

A lead consultant who treated Bhasin said in a Daily Mail story he had never seen such an amazing case during his 15 years in emergency care, while praising the device as being able to move more blood than is possible with CPR relay teams.

Back at his London home, Bhasin had nothing but praise for the doctors.

"I should be dead. I can't believe they kept me alive for so long. It's a miracle," he was quoted in the Daily Mirror.
Read 1041 times
3 Replies