l
a
s
thekaylee thekaylee
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
12 years ago
ACTIVITY 4
31.Is most of the tubule filtrate reabsorbed into the blood stream (the body) or excreted in urine?  Explain.

ACTIVITY 5
35.True or False:  Renal processing of glucose that is filtered in the glomeruli is primarily by secretion back into the blood stream.     

36.In this simulation, you varied the number of glucose carriers.  When the glucose concentration in the tubules and urinary bladder became zero, the total number of glucose carriers was ______.
Read 6714 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
31.Is most of the tubule filtrate reabsorbed into the blood stream (the body) or excreted in urine?  Explain. Most of the tubular filtrate is reabsorbed to prevent fluid loss and maintain homeostasis.

wrote...
12 years ago
I never used anything like this before. Im close to failing this class. i need the charts and whole renal system lab from physio ex 8.0 excersize 9
tee
wrote...
Donated
12 years ago
I never used anything like this before. Im close to failing this class. i need the charts and whole renal system lab from physio ex 8.0 excersize 9

I can help you with that. do you need the review sheet too or just the activities?

tee
wrote...
Donated
12 years ago

I can help you with that. do you need the review sheet too or just the activities?

Hope this helps let me know if you need more! Wink Face

Renal System Physiology
PhysioEx 8.0: Ex 9
Answers to Questions
Activity 1: Investigating the Effect of Flow Tube Radius on Glomerular Filtration
(p. 119)
8. Glomerular filtration rate increases as afferent arteriole diameter increases due to the
increased blood flow into the glomerulus.
If the diameter of the efferent arteriole was increased, filtration pressure in the glomerulus
would decrease, thereby decreasing glomerular filtration rate. If the radius of the
efferent arteriole was decreased, upstream pressure would increase and glomerular filtration
would also increase.
Activity 2: Studying the Effect of Pressure on Glomerular Filtration
(pp. 119–120)
8. Glomerular filtration rate increased.
GFR increased because the net filtration pressure was increased. Net filtration pressure
relies on glomerular hydrostatic pressure, which rises when the pressure in the beaker is
increased.
Activity 3: Exploring Instrinsic Controls: Renal Autoregulation (p. 120)
9. 129.61 mm Hg
13. 151.24 mm Hg
14. Increase/decrease in the afferent radius, increase/decrease in the efferent radius.
16. Afferent radius 52 mm
Efferent radius 52 mm

Activity 4: Exploring the Role of the Solute Gradient on Maximum Urine
Concentration Achievable (pp. 121–122)
9. When ADH is present, urine concentration increases as the interstitial gradient increases.
When ADH is present, urine volume decreases as the interstitial gradient increases.
The osmolarity of the interstitial gradient determines the maximum possible urine concentration.
Yes, because osmotic forces draw water out of the collecting tubule. Therefore, increasing
the concentration of solutes outside the tubule will increase the maximum possible
urine concentration. The maximum possible urine concentration will therefore be equal
to the interstitial solute concentration.

Activity 5: Studying the Effect of Glucose Carrier Proteins on Glucose
Reabsorption (pp. 122–123)
9. The amount of glucose in the urine decreased as the number of glucose carriers was
increased.
If there was more glucose than could be transported by the number of available glucose
carriers, then glucose would be present in the urine.
We would expect to find glucose in the urine of a diabetic person because there is too
much glucose in the filtrate to be reabsorbed.

Activity 6: Testing the Effect of Hormones on Urine Formation (pp. 123–124)
5. Baseline urine volume 201.00
6. Urine volume with aldosterone present 180.90
When aldosterone is present, urine volume is decreased.
Aldosterone causes sodium reabsorption in the distal tubule at the expense of potassium,
which will be transported to the lumen of the tubule and into the urine.
7. When ADH is present, urine volume is greatly reduced.
There is no difference in the amount of potassium in the urine. Although the concentration
is higher when ADH is present and the volume of urine has been reduced, the total
amount of potassium has not changed.
The effects of aldosterone and ADH are similar.
The amount of aldosterone would need to be increased while the amount of ADH would
need to decrease.

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  755 People Browsing
 129 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204