Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
duddyduddy
wrote...
Staff Member
Top Poster
13 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 290 words and 1 attached file(s).
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
tiggerfannnn,  MissChris1990,  shayraqmoney1,  vincentr334,  Iyherrera,  ONIKUTEGB,  MrSparkles,  dmstewart,  tashad09,  strawberry81,  padre,  ckilker1126,  mhunter48,  ajmireles,  johannsen6,  Moose-84,  meesterzebra,  lesito,  lauretta,  irox
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science

Related Topics

Becky001 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Thank you Duddy!!!
Nnumber 5 is related wirh Simulating Active Transport , Could you help me with that, please.
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
5. The following refer to Activity 5: Simulating Active Transport.

With 1 mMATP added to the cell interior (left beaker) and the extracellular space (right beaker), was all of the Na moved into the extracellular space? Why or why not?

No; ATP was depleted at 3 minutes.

Describe the effect of decreasing the number of sodium-potassium pumps.

The rate of active transport decreases.

Describe how you were able to show that the movement of sodium was due to active transport.

Sodium moved from the left beaker into the right beaker against its concentration gradient; there was no movement of sodium when there were no Na/K pumps added to the membrane.

You will need to contribute more to the forum before I can help you any further with PhysioEx problems
Rach0283
- Bachelor of Science
Becky001 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Thanks,
I am new here, and I just found this great website!! Of course I will contribute with the forum
Thanks again Duddy.   Slight Smile
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
Thanks,
I am new here, and I just found this great website!! Of course I will contribute with the forum
Thanks again Duddy.   Slight Smile

Thanks are you're welcome Smiling Face with Open Mouth
- Bachelor of Science
qenniisiis Author
wrote...
12 years ago
This helped me also, thank you. Slight Smile
nicole801 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
This website is really helpful for my physiology class, thanks to all who have been asking questions and those who have been answering questions.
wrote...
12 years ago
Here is the first section:

Simple Diffusion
The following refer to Activity 1: Simulating Dialysis (Simple Diffusion).

Which solute(s) were able to pass through the 20 MWCO membrane?
NONE

1.   According to your results, which solute had the highest molecular weight?
Albumin

2.   Which solute displayed the highest rate of diffusion through the 200 MWCO membrane?
Na+Cl

3.   Using the data from Chart 1, explain the relationship between the rate of diffusion and the size of the solute.
The larger the solute the smaller the rate of diffusion

Facilitated Diffusion
The following refer to Activity 2: Simulating Facilitated Diffusion.

4.   Did any of the substances travel against their concentration gradient? Explain why or why not.

No, because in a facilitated diffusion substance can only move down their concentration gradient
vincentr334,  Iyherrera
wrote...
12 years ago
Simple Diffusion
1. The following refer to Activity 1: Simulating Dialysis (Simple Diffusion).
Which solute(s) were able to pass through the 20 MWCO membrane?
NONE
According to your results, which solute had the highest molecular weight?
ALBUMIN
Which solute displayed the highest rate of diffusion through the 200 MWCO membrane?
NA+CL
Using the data from Chart 1, explain the relationship between the rate of diffusion and the size of the solute.
THE  LARGER THE SOLUTE THE SMALLER THE RATE OF DIFUSSION
wrote...
12 years ago
Is it best to type out the exact questions we are having problems with along with the data we have collected or just the question that is causing the confusion?
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
Is it best to type out the exact questions we are having problems with along with the data we have collected or just the question that is causing the confusion?

No, the exact question is always best.
wrote...
12 years ago Edited: 12 years ago, kluly1
im new to this site and am looking for help with the physioex exercises in particular filtration....can any one please help me
Using your results in chart 4, which MWCo membrane had the greatest filtration?.............................

Explain the relationship between pore size and filtration?...............

Which solute did not appear in the filtrate using any of the membranes?................

What is your prediction of the molecular weight of glucose compared to the other solutes in the solution?.....

What happened when you increased the driving pressure?.....

Explain why fluid flows from the capillaries of the kidney into the kidney tubules?......

And How do you think a decrease in blood pressure would affect filtration in the kidneys?.........
wrote...
12 years ago
Is this solved?
Biology!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  906 People Browsing
 113 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion