a
t
i
r
r
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, oem7110
As our bodies perform strenuous exercise, when the body has limited oxygen, the body temporarily converts pyruvate into a substance called lactate, which allows glucose breakdown--and thus energy production--to continue.

"Researchers who have examined lactate levels right after exercise found little correlation with the level of muscle soreness felt a few days later. This delayed-onset muscle soreness, or DOMS as it is called by exercise physiologists, is characterized by sometimes severe muscle tenderness as well as loss of strength and range of motion, usually reaching a peak 24 to 72 hours after the extreme exercise event."

Given that delayed-onset muscle soreness in response to extreme exercise is so common, if I run 3 times per week, muscle don't have enough time to repair the damage.  How long does it take to revert lactate back to pyruvate after regular exercise instead of extreme exercise? Would my muscle get inflammation all the time? if I keep this running schedule.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Ref : http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-does-lactic-acid-buil/
Post Merge: 9 years ago

"When your body makes lactic acid, it splits into lactate ion (lactate) and hydrogen ion. Hydrogen ion is the acid in lactic acid. It interferes with electrical signals in your muscles and nerves, slows energy reactions, and impairs muscle contractions. The burn you feel in intense exercise is caused by hydrogen ion buildup. So, when you fatigue, don't blame it on lactic acid. Rather, place the blame where it belongs- on hydrogen ion. "

Does anyone have any suggestions on how hydrogen ion interferes with electrical signals in muscle and nerves? which cause slows energy reactions and impairs muscle contractions.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Read 537 times
1 Reply