i
r
r
c_coop32 c_coop32
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I need help with the following questions:

If the driving pressure in the left beaker was 100mmHg, how could you adjust the conditions of the experiment to completely stop the fluid flow?

What would happen if the right side of the heart pumped faster than the left side of the heart?

When you change the radius of the fight flow tube in Pump Mechanics, the resulting plot looks different than the radius plot in the Vessel Resistance experiment.  How would the plot look if you changed the radius of both tubes in Pump Mechanics instead of just the right flow tube?

Why are valves needed in the Pump Mechanics equipment?

What happens to blood flow if peripheral resistance equals pump pressure?

Thanks.
Read 3715 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
I need help with the following questions:

If the driving pressure in the left beaker was 100mmHg, how could you adjust the conditions of the experiment to completely stop the fluid flow?

What would happen if the right side of the heart pumped faster than the left side of the heart?

When you change the radius of the fight flow tube in Pump Mechanics, the resulting plot looks different than the radius plot in the Vessel Resistance experiment.  How would the plot look if you changed the radius of both tubes in Pump Mechanics instead of just the right flow tube?

Why are valves needed in the Pump Mechanics equipment?

What happens to blood flow if peripheral resistance equals pump pressure?

Thanks.

I looked these questions up in the manual and couldn't find anything that matched.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
c_coop32 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Not sure if it will make a difference, but my questions are from the cardiovascular dynamics: computer simulation.  Thanks for trying anyway though. 
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1132 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?