t
S
m
s
kibettbenn kibettbenn
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The Middle Ages has been called the “Age of Faith.” What evidence from the humanities (art, architecture, literature, philosophy, and music) demonstrates that the Middle Ages were a Christian culture?
Read 247 times
5 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
6 years ago
The visual arts prospered during Middles Ages, which created its own aesthetic values. The wealthiest and most influential members of society commissioned cathedrals, churches, sculpture, painting, textiles, manuscripts, jewelry and ritual items from artists. Many of these commissions were religious in nature but medieval artists also produced secular art. Few names of artists survive and fewer documents record their business dealings, but they left behind an impressive legacy of art and culture.
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
There's a lot more that can be added to this question. You can actually write a full essay on this if you wanted to ... I'll see what I can add tomorrow!
kibettbenn Author
wrote...
6 years ago
The visual arts prospered during Middles Ages, which created its own aesthetic values. The wealthiest and most influential members of society commissioned cathedrals, churches, sculpture, painting, textiles, manuscripts, jewelry and ritual items from artists. Many of these commissions were religious in nature but medieval artists also produced secular art. Few names of artists survive and fewer documents record their business dealings, but they left behind an impressive legacy of art and culture.
Thanks  a lot for taking time to answer this question. Your answer is a helpful guideline.
Answer accepted by topic starter
habibahabiba
wrote...
Staff Member
Top Poster
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 310 words.
Ask another question, I may be able to help!