d
l
a
s
raffat naseem raffat naseem
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Pursuing content that is only tangentially related to client concerns, issues of client and family safety, or legal mandates:

A) dominates the interaction with the client.
  B) justifies the rationale for the social worker's exploration of the topic.
  C) makes it impossible to shift the focus to the present experiences of the client.
  D) is a counterproductive interviewing strategy.

When a social worker repeatedly offers advice, pressurizes clients to improve, presents lengthy arguments to convince clients, interrupts frequently, and offers excessive or inappropriate self-disclosure, it indicates that the social worker is:

A) using double-barreled questions.
  B) going on tangential exploration.
  C) focusing on discussing safe topics.
  D) dominating the interaction.

Tony, a teenager, is unhappy in his group home. Sam, a social worker, approaches him to sort out the issues that are making him unhappy. Sam asks Tony, Do you think you have tried all the possible ways by which you can make this placement work? This question by Sam is an example of a:

A) stacked question.
  B) leading question.
  C) premature advice.
  D) judgment.

Linda, a social worker, communicates with Kate, a child in foster care. Linda asks Kate, How are you feeling here? Do you feel comfortable? Do you want to stay? In this scenario, Linda is:

A) asking leading questions.
  B) asking stacked questions.
  C) interrupting inappropriately.
  D) dominating the interaction.

Which of the following statements is true of stacked questions?

A) They focus on adopting a solution that social workers deem to be in clients' best interests.
  B) They involve untimely interruptions by a social worker during conversation with a client.
  C) They are designed to induce clients to agree with a particular view.
  D) They have low yield and are unproductive and inefficient in gathering relevant information.

Anna has not received the resources that were promised to her by Harry, her social worker. She decides to complain about this issue to Harry's manager. Anna tells Harry, If you do not work on this soon, I am going to talk to your manager. In this scenario, which of the following is the best response that Harry can give Anna?

A) You have the right to be served effectively. I can get you my supervisor's phone number.
  B) My supervisor's office is next door. Do not let my door hit you on the way out.
  C) Look on the brighter side. You have turned active and involved. You are not passive.
  D) If you do not apologize right away, you'll be sorry.

A client complains to her social worker that he has not offered the services that he was scheduled to provide. The client says, If I don't receive the services soon, I am going to talk to your supervisor. The social worker in agitation replies, Do that, and I will no longer try to help you. This scenario illustrates that the social worker is:

A) judging.
  B) counterattacking.
  C) trying to convince the client.
  D) using humor inappropriately.

Usage of social work jargon, such as fixation, resistance, reinforcement, repression, passivity, and neuroticism, by a social worker to describe the behavior of clients in their presence is:

A) destructive to the helping process.
  B) useful in convincing the clients.
  C) the correct form of incorporating sarcasm while communicating.
  D) the most efficient way of consoling the client.

Andrew loses his job because he came to work while he was under the influence of alcohol. He approaches Ron, a social worker, for a counseling session. After a brief conversation with Andrew, Ron says, It is clear to me that you are in denial about what alcohol is doing to you. This scenario indicates that Ron is:

A) judging, criticizing, and placing blame.
  B) trying to convince using logic.
  C) making glib interpretations.
  D) using sarcasm and humor.

While interacting with a client, the statement Running away from home was a bad mistake indicates that the social worker is:

A) using sarcasm and humor inappropriately.
  B) judging, criticizing, or placing blame on the client.
  C) advising or giving solutions prematurely.
  D) sympathizing with the client.
Read 1313 times
14 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
mayyyymayyyy
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 150 words.