t
S
m
s
Ih8hw Ih8hw
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
The diagrams below show two uniformly charged spheres. The charge on the right sphere is 3 times as large as the charge on the left sphere. Which force diagram best represents the magnitudes and directions of the electric forces on the two spheres?

[Ques. 2] Doubling the radius of a sphere results in increasing its volume by a factor of
 a. 2.
  b. 4.
  c. 8.
  d. 8.

[Ques. 3] A circle has an area of 3.0 m2 . A second circle has double the radius of the first. The area of the second circle is ____ times that of the first.
 a. 0.8
  b. 2.0
  c. 4.0
  d. 6.0

[Ques. 4] Note the expression: y = A/x3 . Which statement is most consistent with this expression?
 a. y is less than A.
  b. If x is halved, y is multiplied by eight.
  c. If x is doubled, y is multiplied by a factor of 8.
  d. y is greater than x.

[Ques. 5] Note the expression: y = x2 . Which statement is most consistent with this expression?
 a. If y doubles, then x quadruples.
  b. y is greater than x.
  c. If x doubles, then y doubles.
  d. If x doubles, then y quadruples.

[Ques. 6] I walk six miles in a straight line in a direction north of east, and I end up four miles north and several miles east. How many degrees north of east have I walked?
 a. 19 b. 42
  c. 60 d. 71

[Ques. 7] Arvin the Ant travels 30 cm eastward, then 25 cm northward, and finally 10 cm westward. In what direction is Arvin now in with respect to his starting point?
 a. 59 N of E b. 29 N of E
  c. 29 N of W d. 51 N of E

[Ques. 8] A student adds two vectors with magnitudes of 200 and 70 . Which one of the following is the only possible choice for the magnitude of their sum?
 a. 100 b. 280
  c. 200 d. 70

[Ques. 9] Vector 1 is 7 units long and is at 70. Vector 2 is 5 units long and is at 155. Vector 3 is 3 units long and is at 225. Which vector has equal-magnitude components?
 a. Vector 1
  b. Vector 2
  c. Vector 3
  d. None of the vectors has equal-magnitude components.

[Ques. 10] Find the sum of the following two vectors: (i) 50 units due east and (ii) 100 units 30 south of west.
 a. 100 units 30 south of west b. 62 units 54 south of west
  c. 87 units 60 south of west d. 62 units 15 south of west
Read 55 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
mburthaymburthay
wrote...
Rep: 6 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free