t
i
r
r
christopher mar christopher mar
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Officer Bessette is being cross-examined by Mr. Williams' defense counsel. Mr. Williams is on trial for possession of a controlled substance and obstructing an officer. The officer was asked by the defense counsel, Why don't you like Mr. Williams?
  What is the proper response?

A) I don't like the defendant because he committed a crime.
  B) Who said I didn't like the defendant?
  C) I never said that I didn't like the defendant. You said that.
  D) I feel sorry for any man in trouble, but I have to tell the truth, and if the defendant is guilty, he should be convicted.

(Question #2) Detective Harris is testifying at a trial. The defendant was charged with felony battery and the defense attorney is cross-examining the detective and asks, Why did you ask Mr. Anderson to get out of his car? He wasnt doing anything wrong.
  Which statement below reflects proper courtroom testimony?

A) Officer Jones ran a 10-27 on the subject and determined he was 10-99. That means he had a warrant out for his arrest.
  B) Officer Jones let me know that the defendant was 10-99, so we had to arrest him.
  C) We found out that the defendant had an active warrant so we were obligated to arrest him.
  D) There was a warrant for him so we had to bust him. That's our job.

(Question #3) Officer Jones is testifying at a felony hearing. The prosecutor asks, When you saw the defendant coming towards you, what did you say to him?
  Which statement below reflects proper courtroom testimony?

A) I told the defendant to stop.
  B) I advised the defendant that he shouldn't come any closer. Then I drew weapon and moved to cover and told my backup officer to get his TASER out.
  C) I believe I told the defendant to stop.
  D) I asked the defendant to stop, but in a nice way.
Read 339 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
apyattapyatt
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free