d
m
d
p
yadwinder yadwinder
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
A 4-year-old child was taken to the emergency room by her mother because the girl was unresponsive. Doctors discover massive internal injuries and despite efforts, the girl dies. Police investigate. What role does Child Protective Services have in this investigation?

A) None, since the child is deceased
  B) To determine whether maltreatment was involved in the child's death, identify the responsible party, and then take appropriate action to protect any surviving siblings
  C) To collect evidence, interrogate suspects, and determine criminal culpability
  D) To immediately remove all children from the home pending an investigation by police

(Question #2) Generally speaking, what is the typical value of trace evidence in fatal child maltreatment cases?

A) Trace evidence is critical to the investigation.
  B) Trace evidence is usually not available but is valuable.
  C) Trace evidence is far less value than it might be in other crimes.
  D) Trace evidence is as valuable as other evidence.

(Question #3) A child is found dead and an examination of the body reveals severe injuries indicating maltreatment murder. What weapons would you expect to have been used to cause the child's death?

A) A traditional weapon such as a firearm
  B) A knife or blunt object
  C) Hands, feet, or household items
  D) Any of the above is a typical weapon in child maltreatment murder.

(Question #4) If a mandatory reporter suspect's abuse, what is the usual time requirement to report the abuse?

A) Within 4 hours
  B) Within 8 hours
  C) Within 24 hours
  D) Within 48 hours

(Question #5) A teacher sees multiple bruises on an eight-year-old girl's arms. When the teacher asked the girl how she got hurt, the girl said, My mom's boyfriend got mad at me again. Which statement below is true regarding mandatory reporting in this case?

A) The teacher does not have to report the incident since she does not know what happened.
  B) The teacher must report the incident to the girl's mother.
  C) The teacher must report the incident to the school's nurse.
  D) The teacher must report suspected abuse to police or social services.

(Question #6) A parent fails to provide food, clothing, or shelter to a child. What crime has been committed, assuming that the failure is not due to poverty?

A) Child abuse
  B) Child neglect
  C) Failure to act
  D) Child enticement

(Question #7) Sexual abuse involves varying degrees of coercion and violence. Which age group of children is at the highest risk of sexual abuse?

A) Children from ages 1 to 5
  B) Children from ages 7 to 12
  C) Children from ages 13 to 15
  D) Children from ages 15 to 17
Read 63 times
2 Replies