t
i
r
r
madisenjames madisenjames
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Match each term/case listed in Column 1 to its definition/description in Column 2.

1. Illinois v. Lidster
  2. Michigan Department of State Police v. Sitz
  3. Terry v. Ohio
  4. Temporary detention
  5. Formal Arrest Justification
  6. United States v. Sharp
  7. Formal Arrest Notice
  8. Reasonable Suspicion
  9. A frisk
  10. NYPD stop-and-frisk
  practices

a. The landmark Stop & Frisk case.
  b. Highway checkpoint stops where a relevant public concern is grave are legal.
  c. The police practice to stop suspicious persons in public places for the purposes of questioning
  d. Sobriety checkpoints are reasonable considering the increasing number of alcohol related deaths and mutilations on the nation's roads.
  e. An officer is required to notify the person to be arrested that he or she is under arrest.
  f. Is justifiable only if there is reason to believe that the person may be armed and is dangerous.
  g. A Terry-type stop will ordinarily be for a fairly short duration and that the detention will be no longer than necessary to effectuate the purpose of the detention.
  h. There have been claims by many public groups that this program has been directed primarily against persons who appear to be of a minority race.
  i. Less than probable cause
  j. Probable cause to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing a crime.

(Question #2) When may an officer frisk an individual for a weapon?

What will be an ideal response?

(Question #3) When does an officer need a warrant to use a drug sniffing detection dog?

(Question #4) Explain the California Supreme Courts ruling in Ingersoll v. Palmer, 743 P.2d. 1299 (1987).

Read 51 times
3 Replies