r
d
l
a
AlfredDieselGuy AlfredDieselGuy
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Compare and contrast globalization as it existed in the late nineteenth century with globalization at the turn of the twenty-first century (i.e., today).

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2 - Transactions costs in international financial markets are higher today than they were in the past.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question 3 - If a component of aggregate demand increases,

A) GDP in the United States is likely to increase less than that component of spending increased.
  B) GDP in the United States is likely to increase more than that component of spending increased.
  C) GDP in the United States is likely to decrease.
  D) GDP in the United States will not change.
Read 45 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
[ 1 ]  I would expect my students to address the following:
 That in percentage terms, a significant portion of world economic activity was engaged in trade in both periods.
 That in the prior period, trade was mostly in agricultural products and commodities, whereas today capital goods play an increasingly important role.
 That labor may have been more mobile in the past than it is today due to changes in immigration policies.
 That capital was mobile in both periods, but might be more so today, especially given new instruments.
 That changes in transportation and communication were significant in both periods in terms of reducing transaction costs and encouraging product and factor mobility.

[ 2 ]  FALSE

[ 3 ]  B
wrote...
6 years ago
White Checkmark
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1114 People Browsing
 113 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?