t
i
r
r
jouranngreen108 jouranngreen108
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
What is the typical triggering mechanism for transport ventilators used for prehospital care and for CPR?

A. time
  B. flow
  C. pressure
  D. volume

Q. 2  While the therapist provides ventilation using a BVM, the patient's airway resistance increases and pulmonary compliance decreases. How will these changes in lung characteristics affect the delivered volume?

A. The delivered volume will decrease.
  B. The delivered volume will increase.
  C. The delivered volume will remain essentially the same.
  D. The delivered volume will fluctuate considerably.

Q. 3  The therapist is in a one-rescuer, prehospital resuscitation situation, and is using a bag-valve-mask to provide volume to the victim's lungs. What can the therapist do to increase the volume delivery to the victim's lungs?

A. Employ the face-and-thigh-squeeze technique.
  B. Squeeze the bag more rapidly.
  C. Use two hands to squeeze the bag.
  D. Switch to nonself-inflating resuscitation bag.

Q. 4  The therapist is about to use an MO-MA ventilation device that has a dead space volume of 300 ml to resuscitate an adult victim. What should the therapist do at this time?

A. This MO-MA device is acceptable to use.
  B. This MO-MA device should only be used with pediatric victims.
  C. This MO-MA resuscitation device should only be used for victims who have no cervical spine injury.
  D. This MO-MA resuscitation device should not be used in this situation.

Q. 5  While performing mouth-to-mouth ventilation, the therapist is concerned about causing gastric insufflation. Which of the following actions can the therapist take to minimize this risk?

A. Use the Sellick maneuver during mouth-to-mouth ventilation.
  B. Deliver a larger Vt to the patient's lungs.
  C. The therapist should wear a nasal cannula operating at 5 L/min during mouth-to-mouth ventilation.
  D. Assuming no cervical spine injury, hyperextend the victim's neck as much as possible.

Q. 6  What is the role of the American Heart Association (AHA) regarding resuscitation devices? I. The AHA suggests standards for the delivery of rate and volume from devices. II. The AHA provides standards for the depth and timing of ventilation. III. The AHA establishes standards for device characteristics. IV. The AHA focuses on the testing of devices.

A. I, II only
  B. I, III only
  C. II, III only
  D. III, IV only
Read 40 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
princess34princess34
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 780 words.