t
i
r
r
raffat naseem raffat naseem
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Some of the sentences below contain faulty modifiers. Identify whether each sentence is correct
  or includes a misplaced or dangling modifier. Then revise the incorrect sentences to eliminate
  faulty modifiers.
  To spell better, certain rules must be understood and practiced. (correct, faulty modifier)

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 2

The British monarchy in the 15th century was a ____________ system of government.

a) fleeting
  b) hierarchical
  c) pragmatic
  d) fervent

Ques. 3

Some of the sentences below contain faulty modifiers. Identify whether each sentence is correct
  or includes a misplaced or dangling modifier. Then revise the incorrect sentences to eliminate
  faulty modifiers.
  I showed my essay to the tutor that I had just finished typing. (correct, faulty modifier)

Ques. 4

A box of chocolates and a card were on Jane's door step. Jane had a hard time resisting
  such ____________ from George, even though she didn't think he was the man for her.

a) overtures
  b) repertoires
  c) panacea
  d) remedies

Ques. 5

faulty modifiers.
  At the start of class, we began to write our in-class essays. (correct, faulty modifier)

Ques. 6

Instead of getting encouragement that he was doing the right thing by starting a new diet,
  Fred only got ____________ from his friends, who thought he was wasting his time and
  money.

a) estrangement
  b) panacea
  c) retention
  d) skepticism

Ques. 7

faulty modifiers.
  There is a note for the doctor on the refrigerator. (correct, faulty modifier)

Read 43 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
jjjooossshhhjjjooossshhh
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free