d
m
d
p
unistudentguy unistudentguy
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A prepositional phrase consists of a preposition and an object of the preoposition.

a. True
  b. False
  Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Ques. 2

A subordinating conjunction connects two independent clauses.

a. True
  b. False

Ques. 3

A coordinating conjunction joins clauses that are grammatically equal.

a. True
  b. False

Ques. 4

Which of the following sentences uses capitalization rules correctly?

a. My Cousin Lashonne is taking modern art at night along with his Chemistry course every Saturday morning.
  b. My cousin Lashonne is taking Modern Art at night along with his chemistry course every Saturday morning.
  c. My Cousin Lashonne is taking Modern art at night along with his chemistry course every saturday morning.
  d. My cousin Lashonne is taking Modern Art at night along with His chemistry course every saturday morning.

Ques. 5

a. During our Family Vacation, grandma learned how to use the internet and now tweets and posts messages to us on Facebook.
  b. During our family vacation, Grandma learned how to use the Internet and now tweets and posts messages to us on facebook.
  c. During our family vacation, grandma learned how to use the Internet and now tweets and posts messages to us on Facebook.
  d. During our family vacation, Grandma learned how to use the Internet and now tweets and posts messages to us on Facebook.

Ques. 6

a. The St. Louis cardinals beat the Texas rangers in the seventh game of the world series.
  b. The St. Louis cardinals beat the Texas Rangers in the seventh Game of the world series.
  c. The St. Louis Cardinals beat the Texas Rangers in the seventh game of the World Series.
  d. The st.louis cardinals beat the Texas rangers in the seventh game of the world series.

Ques. 7

a. The New York Times reported that Cats is the most famous Broadway play of all times.
  b. The New York Times reported that cats is the most famous broadway play of all times.
  c. The New York times reported that Cats is the most famous broadway play of all times.
  d. The new york times reported that Cats is the most famous Broadway play of all times.

Ques. 8

Which of the following sentences uses advanced capitalization rules correctly?

a. The south has given birth to many memorable characters: we can't forget Huckleberry Finn, Tom Sawyer, Atticus Finch, and Scarlet O'Hara.
  b. The South has given birth to many memorable characters: We can't forget Huckleberry Finn, Tom Sawyer, Atticus Finch, and Scarlet O'Hara.
  c. The south has given birth to many memorable characters: we can't forget huckleberry finn, tom sawyer, atticus finch, and scarlet o'hara.
  d. The south has given birth to many memorable characters: We can't forget Huckleberry Finn, Tom Sawyer, Atticus Finch, and Scarlet O'hara.

Ques. 9

Which of the following sentences uses advanced capitalization rules correctly?

a. My father always made this statement during holiday meals: we are thankful for those who have traveled far and wide to return home to their families for the holidays..
  b. My Father always made this statement during holiday meals: we are Thankful are Those who have traveled far and wide to return home to their families for the Holidays..
  c. My Father always made this statement during Holiday Meals: we are thankful are those who have traveled far and wide to return home to their families for the Holidays..
  d. My father always made this statement during holiday meals: We are thankful for those who have traveled far and wide to return home to their families for the holidays..
Read 43 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
paulina3811paulina3811
wrote...
Rep: 9 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free