i
r
r
queeny queeny
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Identify the correct sentence.

a. Mike asked his wife if she wanted to go camping on their anniversary, but she wanted to go on a cruise to the Bahamas that the cruise ships advertise in magazines.

b. Mike asked his wife if she wanted to go camping on their anniversary, but she wanted to go on an cruise to the bahamas that the cruise ships advertise in magazines.

c. Mike asked his wife if she wanted to go camping on their anniversary, but she wanted to go on an cruise to the Bahamas that they advertise in magazines.

d. Mike asked his wife if she wanted to go camping on their Anniversary, but she wanted togo on a cruise to the Bahamas that the they advertise in Magazines.

Ques. 2

When creating an outline, it is most important to

a. include everything that is in the original passage.

b. use proper punctuation and complete sentences.

c. be sure that the information underneath a heading supports that heading.

d. use the author's exact wording from the text.

Ques. 3

Outlining helps you do all of the following except

a. record information from reference books you do not own.

b. test your understanding of what you read.

c. understand how ideas are related.

d. develop new ways to organize a writer's ideas.

Ques. 4

The most effective way to record your reaction to an author's ideas in a chapter is to

a. summarize the chapter.

b. create an outline.

c. make notes in the margin.

d. create a map.

Ques. 5

Identify the sentence that is punctuated correctly.

a. Mrs. Johnson who lives upstairs complained about the children leaving a messin the hallway, the noise my parents made moving furniture, and the racket from my drum lessons.

b. Mrs. Johnson, who lives upstairs, complained about the children leaving a mess in the hallway, the noise my parents made moving furniture, and the racket from my drum lessons.

c. Mrs. Johnson who lives upstairs, complained about the children leaving a mess in the hallway, the noise my parents made moving furniture and the racket from my drum lessons.

d. Mrs. Johnson who lives upstairs complained about the children leaving a mess in the hallway, the noise my parents made moving furniture and, the racket from my drum lessons.

Ques. 6

The part of a word that contains its basic meaning is known as the

a. context.

b. prefix.

c. suffix.

d. root.

Ques. 7

Identify the sentence that is correctly punctuated.

a. The dog took the ball and ran with it, so Leah, Rick, and I had to chase him around the yard for the next ten minutes.

b. The dog took the ball and ran with it so Leah, Rick, and I had to chase him around the yard for the next ten minutes.

c. The dog took the ball and ran with it, so Leah, Rick, and I, had to chase him around the yard for the next ten minutes.

d. The dog took the ball, and ran with it, so Leah, Rick, and I had to chase him around the yard for the next ten minutes.
Read 41 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
wert123wert123
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free