t
i
r
r
kkhh kkhh
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The nurse admits a patient who has a diagnosis of an acute asthma attack. Which statement indicates that the patient may need teaching regarding medication use?

a. I have not had any acute asthma attacks during the last year.
  b. I became short of breath an hour before coming to the hospital.
  c. I've been taking Tylenol 650 mg every 6 hours for chest-wall pain.
  d. I've been using my albuterol inhaler more frequently over the last 4 days.

Question 2

The nurse teaches a patient about pulmonary function testing (PFT). Which statement, if made by the patient, indicates teaching was effective?

a. I will use my inhaler right before the test.
  b. I won't eat or drink anything 8 hours before the test.
  c. I should inhale deeply and blow out as hard as I can during the test.
  d. My blood pressure and pulse will be checked every 15 minutes after the test.

Question 3

A patient who has a history of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) was hospitalized for increasing shortness of breath and chronic hypoxemia (SaO2 levels of 89 to 90).

In planning for discharge, which action by the nurse will be most effective in improving compliance with discharge teaching?
  a. Start giving the patient discharge teaching on the day of admission.
  b. Have the patient repeat the instructions immediately after teaching.
  c. Accomplish the patient teaching just before the scheduled discharge.
  d. Arrange for the patient's caregiver to be present during the teaching.
Read 44 times
2 Replies