t
S
m
s
JCat JCat
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A patient diagnosed with latent syphilis asks about transmitting the disease to his spouse. What information should be provided to the patient?

1. You will need to abstain from sexual relations until treatment is completed.
  2. You will need to wear a condom.
  3. At this late stage, the disease is contained to only you.
  4. At this stage of the disease, transmission is by contact with blood.

Question 2

The nurse instructs a patient diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease regarding the use of tampons. Which patient statements indicate that teaching has been effective?

Select all that apply.
  1. I will be able to wear tampons.
  2. The use of tampons is forever prohibited.
  3. Tampons must be changed at least every four hours.
  4. I should not wear tampons at night, but pads instead.
  5. I should immediately report any malodorous discharge, fever, or pelvic pain.

Question 3

The nurse is planning to teach a group of adolescents about sexually transmitted infections. What information concerning genital warts should be included?

1. Hand washing will aid in reducing the spread of genital warts.
  2. Genital warts will result in cervical cancer for the majority of women who get them.
  3. Women who have certain types of genital warts should be vaccinated against other types.
  4. The risk for the development of penile cancer is high in men diagnosed with genital warts.

Question 4

A female patient diagnosed with a chlamydial infection denies any symptoms of the disease and asks when she contracted the disease. What information should the nurse provide to the patient?

1. The patient has most likely had the infection for about 13 weeks.
  2. The infection has been in her body for less than one month, since no symptoms are present.
  3. The infection might have been in her body for an indefinite period of time.
  4. Symptoms typically begin a few months after the infection enters the body.

Question 5

A patient recently treated for pelvic inflammatory disease asks how she can best prevent a recurrence of the disease. What information should the nurse provide for the patient?

1. The physician will prescribe prophylactic antibiotic therapy.
  2. The use of condoms will be beneficial.
  3. Annual gynecological examinations should be scheduled.
  4. Douching after intercourse will assist in removing potential pathogens from the genital area.
Read 152 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
ztmarshallztmarshall
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 370 words.