r
d
l
a
Vertzie Vertzie
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
The nurse is reviewing the results of the patient's diagnostic tests. Using the information provided as a reference, determine which physician order the nurse should question based on the patient's most likely diagnosis.

1. fluid restriction of 1500 mL per 24 hours
  2. administer acetylcysteine (Mucomyst)
  3. perform endotracheal suctioning as needed
  4. administer azithromycin

Question 2

The nurse is reviewing the diagnostic test results from the time of admission with the patient. Which statement indicates that the patient requires further education about the health problem, judging from the information provided?

1. I have to be in isolation so that I won't infect anyone else.
  2. I'm surprised that the hospital has to report this to the health department.
  3. Adults have a worse time with the disease than kids do.
  4. Just go ahead and give me an antibiotic so that I can get on with my life.

Question 3

A patient is diagnosed with a tension pneumothorax. What should the nurse expect to assess in this patient?

Select all that apply.
  1. hypertension
  2. distended neck veins
  3. bradycardia
  4. absent breath sounds on the affected side
  5. tracheal deviation toward unaffected side

Question 4

The nurse is caring for victims of bioterrorism who were exposed to inhalation anthrax. After assessment, it is determined that 350 people were exposed to the potentially deadly spore.

Knowing that this disease has a 45 mortality rate, how many patients should the nurse expect to recover from this illness?
  Record your answer rounding to the nearest whole number.

Question 5

A young child diagnosed with pneumonia has been prescribed erythromycin, 45 mg per day for every 1 kilogram of body weight. The patient weighs 46 pounds. The physician asks that the patient receive the medication in three equal doses throughout the day.

Calculate how much medication the patient should receive per each dose
   ____ mg
  Record your answer rounding to the nearest whole number.
Read 46 times
1 Reply