t
S
m
s
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
12 years ago
Donations unfortunately don't get you unlimited answers to PhysioEx stuff. Undecided Undecided
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
12 years ago
Ya I wasn't asking for unlimited answers....I just asked what I need to do to be considered a contributing member.  I made a donation and I answered a question that is a contribution. Obviously there is some sort of requirement that's why I asked.  Undecided
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
12 years ago
Hey jwigginjr,

Thanks for your donation. What other questions are you in need of?
KPULSE
wrote...
12 years ago
Bio_man thanks for the reply. I already completed the assignment so I am good for now. My last assignment is exercise 9 next week. I should be good but if I have a question I will post it. After next week I will have all the answers to PhysioEX 8.0 exercises 1-9 if someone needs help.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
12 years ago
Bio_man thanks for the reply. I already completed the assignment so I am good for now. My last assignment is exercise 9 next week. I should be good but if I have a question I will post it. After next week I will have all the answers to PhysioEX 8.0 exercises 1-9 if someone needs help.

No worries, whenever you're ready, start a new topic.
wrote...
12 years ago
Activity 5/6/7/8?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
12 years ago
Activity 5/6/7/8?

What does that mean?
wrote...
12 years ago
This was a fun lab.  My teach asked a different question for Activity 4 the last question: In the last part of the activity, when the reset button was clicked, what procedure would be used in real lungs? What is the condition called in real lungs?
My answer was: The original condition is referred to Pneumothorax, so we would need to reverse this by taking out the air in the intrapleural space with chest tubes.  This allows the pleurae to heal and the lung to re-inflate and resume normal function.
I hope that's right. Thank you all for the help.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
12 years ago
This was a fun lab.  My teach asked a different question for Activity 4 the last question: In the last part of the activity, when the reset button was clicked, what procedure would be used in real lungs? What is the condition called in real lungs?
My answer was: The original condition is referred to Pneumothorax, so we would need to reverse this by taking out the air in the intrapleural space with chest tubes.  This allows the pleurae to heal and the lung to re-inflate and resume normal function.
I hope that's right. Thank you all for the help.

Did you open a valve of some sort? If so, you're right, it stimulates the pneumothorax.
wrote...
12 years ago
Situation:   
Your thirst and hunger centers tell you that you are dehydrated and hungry.  You decide a cold water (or beer if you fancy) and chicken wings will satisfy such desires. You need to reach for your frosty beverage on the counter directly in front of you.  Your starting point should be anatomical position.

Instructions: 
(Part 1)   
Specify the movements, muscles, bones, and joints involved in reaching for the glass and bringing it to your mouth. As in the previous Application Assignment, explain any and all movements individually across each joint involved specifying the actions involved (i.e. flexion, extension, etc.), the muscles causing such actions, the bones being pulled on by said muscles, the types of joints involved, and how these movements collectively relate to the overall scenario/movements in this application.
(Part 2)
Trace the path of the water from the mouth to the urethra, listing the path in as much detail as possible.  Be very specific and very detailed.  Your answer should include both the digestive and renal systems.
(Part 3)
 You finally go in for some chicken wings.  Specify the movements, muscles, bones and joints involved in opening your mouth and chewing those scrumptious wings. Once again, explain any and all movements individually across each joint involved specifying the actions involved (i.e. flexion, extension, etc.), the muscles causing such actions, the bones being pulled on by said muscles, the types of joints involved, and how these movements collectively relate to the overall scenario/movements in this application.
(Part 4)
Trace the path of “the wings” from the mouth to the anus, listing the path in as much detail as possible.  Again, be very specific and very detailed including the absorption/elimination of nutrients/wastes.
wrote...
12 years ago
Can someone please help me with the last few questions on the comparative spirometry activity for exercise 37b A and P? I found the explanation on search but it will not let me view it because I haven't contributed yet. I just signed up tho and don't need all the other exercises, which I could view bc they were closer to the top of the post.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
12 years ago
Can someone please help me with the last few questions on the comparative spirometry activity for exercise 37b A and P? I found the explanation on search but it will not let me view it because I haven't contributed yet. I just signed up tho and don't need all the other exercises, which I could view bc they were closer to the top of the post.

Please start a new topic, this one is already resolved.
wrote...
12 years ago
Thank you so much for your help.
wrote...
12 years ago
43.  How is this condition similar to having emphysema?  How is it different?

Both are respiratory diseases, but they affect different parts of respiratory system. Asthma infects the airways and emphysema attacks the lung tissue.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1070 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 585