t
i
r
r
Mpadilla99 Mpadilla99
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
According to the data presented in the above figure, sickle-cell anemia, hemophilia and Down syndrome may respond to the effects of diet and nutrition changes during a persons lifetime.

Q. 2

A person with heart disease is told he has to make some changes in his diet and lifestyle practices. He states I know that I should make changes because my father and brother both died of heart attacks. But, I really like to have my big steaks for dinner.. He is in what stage of behavior change?
 a. precontemplation
  b. contemplation
 c. action
 d. maintenance
 e. adoption

Q. 3

You see a new finding about nutrition reported in your local newspaper. Based on this information you would:
 a. decide that the information is factual.
 b. attribute it to media sensationalism.
 c. feel confident about changing your diet accordingly.
 d. wait to apply the findings until they have been repeated and confirmed by scientists.
  e. consider it misinformation.

Q. 4

Scientists have developed a new type of margarine containing plant ingredients they think will lower blood cholesterol levels in people who use the margarine. They want to test this by having some people use the new margarine for a while and then compare their cholesterol levels with those of a group of people who use regular margarine. This is an example of what type of research design?
 a. epidemiological study
  b. case study
 c. intervention study
 d. laboratory study
 e. double-blind study

Q. 5

Of the ten leading causes of death in the U.S., how many are directly related to nutrition?
  1.Two
  2.Four
  3.Six
  4.Eight
  5.Ten

Q. 6

A study conducted in several countries where a high intake of fish and a low intake of animal fat were correlated with a low rate of breast cancer death is an example of a(n):
 a. epidemiological study.
  b. case study.
 c. intervention study.
 d. blind experiment.
 e. laboratory study.

Q. 7

Your family always has rice available at every meal, just as it has been for every generation. This is an example of food selection due to:
 a. cultural tradition.
 b. emotional comfort.
  c. availability.
 d. social pressure.
 e. economy.
Read 33 times
1 Reply