t
i
r
r
rimaaazzz rimaaazzz
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
You and your friend Karen are having lunch out and you order an iced tea. She sees you reach for the pink packet of Sweet N Low. Karen stops your hand and says, Don't you know that stuff is bad for you? I read it causes cancer, and I also know people who say that Equal artificial sweetener gives them headaches.. As your conversation continues, let's show Karen how well informed you are concerning artificial sweeteners by answering the following questions: Which artificial sweetener should not be used by individuals with phenylketonuria (PKU)?
 a. Aspartame
  b. Saccharin
  c. Neotame
  d. Sucralose
  e. a and c

Q. 2

Will the results of this study affect your choice of beverages on a hot day?

Q. 3

You and your friend Karen are having lunch out and you order an iced tea. She sees you reach for the pink packet of Sweet N Low. Karen stops your hand and says, Don't you know that stuff is bad for you? I read it causes cancer, and I also know people who say that Equal artificial sweetener gives them headaches.. As your conversation continues, let's show Karen how well informed you are concerning artificial sweeteners by answering the following questions: Although some studies in the past may have found that saccharin can cause bladder cancer in lab rats, why would it be considered safe today to continue using it?
 a. The research used extremely high doses of saccharin that are not relevant for humans.
  b. What occurs in rats might not occur in humans.
  c. The American Medical Association's Council on Scientific Affairs has stated that saccharin is not associated with increased risk of bladder cancer.
  d. There are known hazards that are more important to avoid if you want to reduce your risk of cancer.
  e. All of the above are valid comments.

Q. 4

What are the signs of dehydration? How can they be prevented?

Q. 5

Eunice is a 60-year-old woman who is trying to increase the amount of fiber in her diet in order to meet the Dietary Guidelines. What would be the best change for her to make?
 a. Increase her intake of non-fat milk and yogurt
  b. Choose white rice or scalloped potatoes instead of beans to go with dinner
  c. Eat pretzels made from wheat flour instead of fruit with her lunch
  d. Replace her morning enriched-flour croissant with a whole-wheat bagel

Q. 6

According to this article, what is the best course of action to maximize your health?

Q. 7

The disaccharide made up of two glucose molecules is:
 a. sucrose.
  b. lactose.
  c. maltose.
  d. galactose.

Q. 8

Are vitamin supplements really necessary for otherwise healthy people?

Q. 9

Within a wheat kernel is a soft, white portion containing starch and protein called the:
 a. kernel.
  b. husk.
  c. endosperm.
  d. germ.
  e. chaff.
Read 87 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
JamievigJamievig
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 430 words.