r
d
l
a
fayez_83 fayez_83
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A distance athlete explains why he is taking a vitamin E supplement. He states: Most people don't realize it but oxygen has both beneficial and harmful effects. I try to counter the harmful effects by taking a vitamin E supplement. Most studies have shown that vitamin E supplementation has a positive effect on endurance performance. Besides, recent studies have shown that there is a health benefit to vitamin E supplements. I'm concerned that my vitamin E intake may be low since I purposefully keep my calorie intake low so I don't gain any body fat and I follow a low-fat diet. Someone told me that when you take high levels of vitamin E it actually has an opposite effect and it is no longer works as an antioxidant, but I don't think that is true.. Vitamin E intake may be low when calorie and fat intakes are low.
 a. Correct statement
  b. Incorrect statement

Q. 2

A distance athlete explains why he is taking a vitamin E supplement. He states: Most people don't realize it but oxygen has both beneficial and harmful effects. I try to counter the harmful effects by taking a vitamin E supplement. Most studies have shown that vitamin E supplementation has a positive effect on endurance performance. Besides, recent studies have shown that there is a health benefit to vitamin E supplements. I'm concerned that my vitamin E intake may be low since I purposefully keep my calorie intake low so I don't gain any body fat and I follow a low-fat diet. Someone told me that when you take high levels of vitamin E it actually has an opposite effect and it is no longer works as an antioxidant, but I don't think that is true.. Recent studies have shown that there is a health benefit to vitamin E supplements.
 a. Correct statement
  b. Incorrect statement

Q. 3

A distance athlete explains why he is taking a vitamin E supplement. He states: Most people don't realize it but oxygen has both beneficial and harmful effects. I try to counter the harmful effects by taking a vitamin E supplement. Most studies have shown that vitamin E supplementation has a positive effect on endurance performance. Besides, recent studies have shown that there is a health benefit to vitamin E supplements. I'm concerned that my vitamin E intake may be low since I purposefully keep my calorie intake low so I don't gain any body fat and I follow a low-fat diet. Someone told me that when you take high levels of vitamin E it actually has an opposite effect and it is no longer works as an antioxidant, but I don't think that is true.. Most studies have shown that vitamin E supplementation has a positive effect on endurance performance.
 a. Correct statement
  b. Incorrect statement

Q. 4

A distance athlete explains why he is taking a vitamin E supplement. He states: Most people don't realize it but oxygen has both beneficial and harmful effects. I try to counter the harmful effects by taking a vitamin E supplement. Most studies have shown that vitamin E supplementation has a positive effect on endurance performance. Besides, recent studies have shown that there is a health benefit to vitamin E supplements. I'm concerned that my vitamin E intake may be low since I purposefully keep my calorie intake low so I don't gain any body fat and I follow a low-fat diet. Someone told me that when you take high levels of vitamin E it actually has an opposite effect and it is no longer works as an antioxidant, but I don't think that is true.. Oxygen has both beneficial and harmful effects.
 a. Correct statement
  b. Incorrect statement

Q. 5

Some surveys suggest that dietary vitamin E intake is low in endurance athletes because they consume a:
 a. low-fat diet.
  b. low-protein diet.
  c. high percentage of carbohydrates as whole grains.
  d. diet high in nuts and seeds.

Q. 6

Which of the following is true regarding athletes and the consumption of an adequate amount of vitamin A from food?
 a. Vitamin A is a difficult vitamin to obtain from food.
  b. Low vitamin A intake from food is rare.
  c. Vitamin A intake generally reflects fruit and vegetable intake.
  d. Vitamin A intake generally reflects energy intake.

Q. 7

Which of the following is true regarding athletes and the consumption of an adequate amount of vitamin C from food?
 a. Vitamin C is a difficult vitamin to obtain from food.
  b. Low vitamin C intake from food is rare.
  c. Vitamin C intake generally reflects fruit and vegetable intake.
  d. Vitamin C intake generally reflects energy intake.
Read 710 times
5 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
maxmax923maxmax923
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free