r
d
l
a
nuttyprof nuttyprof
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A hallmark EFT technique, softening of emotions, is used to create emotional bonding, change interactional positions, and redefine the relationship as safe and connected. Softening of emotions is accomplished with couples in therapy by all of the following EXCEPT:

a. when a previously blaming, critical partner asks a newly accessible partner to meet his/her attachment needs and longings from a position of emotional vulnerability.
  b. the more critical partner softens his/her stance and words, allowing the more vulnerable or anxious partner to reduce emotional reactivity and defensiveness.
  c. when partners learn to express their underlying attachment-based fears, including hurt and disappointment, when discussing conflict areas.
  d. when a frustrated and angry wife indirectly asks her husband for comfort and connection.

Q. 2

When an EFT therapist is heightening in therapy, what is he or she doing?

a. Encouraging key emotions
  b. Discouraging key emotions
  c. Highlighting key emotions
  d. Enacting key emotions

Q. 3

In couples therapy, if a therapist says something such as: So, on the surface you look angry and sure of yourself when you are arguing with him. But inside, something very different seems like it might be going on. Inside, it seems you feel more like a sad and lonely little girl who isnt too sure of herself  sure if she is good enough or worthy of his love. Is that what is going on here? What intervention is the therapist employing?

a. evocative responding: reflections and questions
  b. empathetic conjecture and interpretation
  c. tracking interaction patterns and cycles
  d. reflecting primary and secondary emotions

Q. 4

The overarching goals of EFT are straightforward and focused, providing therapists with consistent direction during what is often a tumultuous adventure. EFT goals include all of the following EXCEPT:

a. creating secure attachment for both partners.
  b. developing new interaction patterns that nurture and support each partner.
  c. increasing direct expression of emotions.
  d. decreasing expression of attachment needs.

Q. 5

While EFT is an evidence-based practice, it is not for all couples or families. Which of the following would be a contraindication for EFT?

a. A couple or family that has the same agenda for the relationship.
  b. When one or both members of the couple have an untreated addiction.
  c. A couple who will do anything to prevent separation or divorce.
  d. A couple in the early stages of their relationship.

Q. 6

When an EFT therapist is in the assessment phase and discovers instances in which one partner was in a moment of high need or vulnerability and the other partner failed to offer the needed support or nurturance, the therapist might identify this as what?

a. An attachment injury
  b. An attack
  c. A normal couple process
  d. An impasse in therapy

Q. 7

When an EFT therapist works with a couple, it is important for them to assess all of the following relationships in each persons attachment history EXCEPT:

a. relationships with parents or caregivers.
  b. intimate relationships in adolescence
  c. intimate relationships in adulthood
  d. relationships with colleagues and co-workers

Q. 8

Aileen is an EFT therapist working with a couple in therapy. Sue, one member of the couple describes her relationship with her wife like this: All I want is some help around the house. I ask Katie almost everyday, several times a day to just help out a littleyou know to put a load of laundry in the wash, to put the dishes in the dishwasher, to watch a show with me on television. But she never does any of those things In fact, she often doesnt come home until dinner time, and then when I ask her to help me out or to join me for a show, she just goes upstairs to read or into the other room to play on her computer. I feel like I have to beg her for any kind of connection or work together. I feel frustrated with our relationship all the time. What kind of interaction cycle could this couple be in?

a. Withdraw/withdraw
  b. Withdraw/attack
  c. Pursue/withdraw
  d. Attack/attack
Read 422 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
jmarcjmarc
wrote...
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free