i
r
r
sahib121 sahib121
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The four dimensions of a paraphrase include:

a. a sentence stem using the client's mode of receiving information, key adjective descriptors, a check-out, and notation of client feelings.
  b. the essence of what a client has said in summarized form, key descriptors or concepts in the client's own words, a check-out, and a sentence stem using the client's mode of receiving information.
  c. the essence of what a client has said in carefully worded terms, key descriptors or concepts in the client's own words, the client's name, and the words you have been encouraging through careful client observation skills.
  d. raised vocal tone on your part, accurate listening to the client, careful checking-out of all that has been said, and notation of client feelings.

Q. 2

A check-out at the end of a paraphrase may take all but one of the following forms:

a. a head nod indicating agreement
 b. a closed question (Am I hearing you correctly?)
 c. a raised vocal tone at the end of the paraphrase that almost turns the paraphrase into a question
  d. an open palm

Q. 3

Client observation skills are important in paraphrasing because

a. nonverbal patterns of behavior may change the meaning of the client's words.
  b. examples of movement synchrony may show when you hear the client accurately.
  c. repeating patterns of client language may be observed.
 d. all of these

Q. 4

All but one of the following is an encourager:

a. head nods
 b. open palm
 c. single-word repetitions
 d. well-phrased open questions

Q. 5

Which paraphrase might be more helpful to this client? Counselor: I am not sure how the problem should be seen. I get a picture of the kids fighting all the time at home. Looks like they simply can't get along, yet they are very bright.

a. It appears that the scene at home is constant fighting despite their ability.
 b. Sounds as if the noise at home is something, and it is constant despite their smarts.
  c. Does it seem like a bright picture or not?
 d. You feel confused and unsure of what to do.

Q. 6

Active listening is:

a. a passive process by which clients communicate their intentions to comply with counseling.
 b. is a term used to indicate client is paying attention.
 c. a communication process that requires intentional participation, decision making, and responding.
  d. a passive attitude counselors display to demonstrate to clients that they are listening.
Read 554 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
CarlospapositoCarlospaposito
wrote...
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free