t
i
r
r
kourtni kourtni
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The loss of autonomy occurring in some Euro-American families is seen as resulting from their:

(a) launching family members (b) enmeshed relationships (c) restrictive approach to problem-solving (d) paranoid ideation

Q. 2

Therapeutic support services are used to

a) Assist counselors in treating clients with multiple diagnoses, especially severe disorders such as schizophrenia
  b) Allow counselors to connect with other counselors in a group setting to promote self-care and prevent burn-out
  c) Provide clients the opportunity to connect with others who are experiencing similar issues in an informal group setting
  d) Provide clients with additional support beyond psychosocial therapy through education, training, socialization, and navigation of difficult processes

Q. 3

Social factors that appear to protect youngsters from initiating substance use and progressing toward abuse include _______________.

(a) Bonding, goal-direction, and monitoring from family, peers, religion, and other societal processes
   (b) Participating in rewarding activities and prosocial behaviors and increased self-confidence and coping skills
   (c) Selecting and emulating individuals who model temperance or shun substance use
   (d) All of the above

Q. 4

From a Gestalt therapy perspective, clients may know a lot about addiction but be inadequate in understanding:

A. Others.
   B. Themselves.
   C. The environment.
   D. Their unconscious.

Q. 5

Jung's theory of personality is comprised of dimensions that are opposite concepts that balance each other. The dimension that allows people to understand themselves and other is:

a. Introvert/Extrovert (I/E)
  b. Sensing/Intuition (S/I)
  c. Thinking/Feeling (T/F)
  d. Judging/Perceiving (J/P)

Q. 6

Using the I CAN START model, treatment planning is mostly focused on

a) Changing the client's automatic thoughts
  b) Improving the client's weaknesses
  c) Integrating the client's strengths
  d) Understanding a client's context

Q. 7

In Asian American, Native American, African American and Latino/Hispanic American families, the family subsystem would include:

(a) parental only (b) sibling only (c) extended only (d) nuclear and extended

Q. 8

What decade is considered the decade of polysusbstance abuse?

A. 1960's
  B. 1970's
  C. 1980's
  D. 1990's
Read 61 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
rayee_fordrayee_ford
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago