r
d
l
a
graceeylee graceeylee
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
An older patient has sensitivity to light. What should the nurse teach the patient to help with this problem?

1. Dim the lights on sunny days.
  2. Place dark patterned rugs on stairs.
  3. Use supplementary lamps near work.
  4. Remove lampshades to provide more light.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a client who has been undergoing treatment for a Stage II pressure ulcer. When changing the dressing, which of the following products will likely be used to clean the wound?

A) Povidone-iodine
  B) Hydrogen peroxide
  C) Dakin's solution
  D) Saline

Question 3

A client is admitted to the long-term care facility after a brief hospitalization. The Braden Scale is completed to assess the client's risk for the development of pressure ulcers.

After completion of the assessment, the nurse notes the clients has a score of 18. Based upon your understanding, what is the best interpretation of this finding?
  A) This client is at a low risk for the development of a pressure ulcer.
  B) This client is at a high risk for the development of a pressure ulcer.
  C) This client's score is inconclusive and does not reflect a significant risk for the development of a pressure ulcer.
  D) The client's score is inconclusive, indicating the need for a repeated assessment using the Braden Scale within the next 3 days.

Question 4

The nurse is performing an assessment on a dark-skinned individual. After completing the assessment, the nurse records the findings. Which of the findings indicates a problems requiring further action?

A) Bluish gums
  B) Bluish tones noted on the soles of the feet
  C) Freckle-like spots on the borders of the tongue
  D) Bluish tones to the lips

Question 5

The nurse learns that an older patient has a decrease in accommodation. What would the nurse assess in this patient?

1. Blurred vision
  2. Sensitivity to light
  3. Narrowing of field of vision
  4. Difficulty reading small print

Question 6

An older patient with bleeding gums is directed by the physician to make dietary changes. After providing education regarding the diet, which patient statement indicates understanding?

1. I should avoid cranberry products.
  2. I am going to drink orange juice every morning.
  3. Adding bananas to my morning smoothie will help manage my condition.
  4. Increasing the amount of fiber in my diet will reduce the bleeding in my gums.

Question 7

A client's spouse reports the presence of a reddened area on her husband's coccyx. She feels a massage would be helpful in promoting circulation to the area. What response by the nurse is indicated?

A) Massaging the area twice daily will help restore circulation and should be incorporated into the plan of care.
  B) I will record these findings in the medical record.
  C) Massaging the area may actually cause more harm to a potentially compromised area of skin.
  D) I will need to obtain an order from the physician to perform a massage.

Question 8

An older patient diagnosed with an oral cancer questions how the disease was contracted without a smoking history. Which response by the nurse is most appropriate?

1. Dietary intake high in fat has been linked to oral cancer.
  2. Your history of periodontal disease is a significant risk factor.
  3. It is highly unusual for a nonsmoker to be affected by oral cancer.
  4. Studies show sun exposure may play a role in the development of oral cancers.
Read 29 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
PerhapsPerhaps
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free