r
d
l
a
blazelbee blazelbee
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
After the delivery of the baby, the placenta is delivered in the third stage of labor. Oxytocin is administered. The nurse explains that the purpose of the drug is to:

a. stimulate lactation.
  b. relieve postpartum pain.
  c. stimulate uterine contractions.
  d. sedate the mother so she can rest.

Question 2

The rehabilitation nurse outlines the need for comprehensive rehabilitation for better functional outcomes for the patient. A comprehensive rehabilitation plan of care must be implemented following admission within:

a. 12 hours.
  b. 24 hours.
  c. 3 days.
  d. 1 week.

Question 3

As the second stage of labor begins, the mother has an urge to push. The nurse encourages her to use her abdominal muscles to assist with pushing because:

a. the cervix is completely dilated.
  b. the baby needs to be brought down.
  c. the cervix needs to be enlarged.
  d. effacement needs to be completed.

Question 4

When caring for a patient with a disability, the rehabilitation nurse provides individual treatment to help the patient stay focused on the goal of:

a. returning to normal.
  b. independence.
  c. employment.
  d. promotion of health.

Question 5

Approximately 50 of the rehabilitation nurse's contribution to the rehabilitation effort is having a broad knowledge base of the pathophysiology modalities of rehabilitation. The other major contribution is:

a. implementation.
  b. encouragement.
  c. evaluation.
  d. cooperation.

Question 6

A patient with quadriplegia resulting from a spinal cord injury says to the rehabilitation nurse, I'm sick of this interdisciplinary stuff What is an occupational therapist going to do for me? Can she give me an occupation?

The most helpful response the nurse could make is:
  a. No, but the occupational therapist can show you how to enjoy some recreational activities.
  b. Yes, in a way. The occupational therapist provides training that strengthens muscles you can still control.
  c. Maybe. The occupational therapist recommends adaptive equipment that will make you more independent.
  d. No, the voc-rehab counselor helps with employment. The occupational therapist helps train you for improved communication skills.
Read 65 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
xx
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 290 words.