r
d
l
a
Thale2017 Thale2017
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A disaster is a sudden event that can cause great destruction and human suffering and often requires external assistance.

Which of the following statements are accurate depictions of various types of disasters or disaster-related definitions (select all that apply)? a. A cyber disaster is a catastrophic event that results from the use of information technology systems.
  b. A catastrophic event caused by the use of weapons is a radiological disaster.
  c. A biological disaster occurs when there is a deliberate or unintentional release of biological materials that may affect the health of those exposed.
  d. A chemical disaster occurs when there is deliberate or unintentional release of bio-logical materials that may adversely affect the health of those exposed.
  e. A hazard vulnerability analysis is an exer-cise that identifies an organization's po-tential emergencies.

Question 2

A first-year nursing student has received a midterm grade of D and is disappointed. She says to the instructor, I just don't have enough time to do all the reading and assignments.

I have to work; I have two children; I have to do grocery shopping, make the meals, and participate in a carpool; and I just don't have enough time to study. The nursing instructor suggests which of the following to her? a. Setting priorities
  b. Obtaining counseling and tutoring
  c. Developing a time plan and schedule
  d. Dropping out of school for the semester

Question 3

The nursing supervisor informs the staff that if they refuse to stay on the nursing unit and work an additional 8-hour shift, they will be reported to the state for patient abandonment. This type of power is known as ____.

a. Coercive
  b. Expert
  c. Legitimate
  d. Reward
Read 57 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
birdy123birdy123
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 230 words.