t
i
r
r
AzariahMD AzariahMD
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A nurse manager is conducting an annual performance of a registered nurse. The appraisal listed several areas for improvement. The manager and the nurse discuss methods in which the nurse can improve performance.

Which action would be appropriate at this time? 1. Reschedule the annual appraisal.
  2. Set a follow-up date to reevaluate the nurses performance.
  3. Set a follow-up appointment in which the nurses peers evaluate the nurses performance.
  4. Have the human resources department conduct the appraisal.

Question 2

A nurse manager has noticed a decrease in morale with the night shift nursing staff. The manager has had numerous complaints regarding a nurse who has worked several hours of overtime in the past month.

The manager realizes the morale issues should be: 1. Addressed in a timely manner.
  2. Communicated to the human resources department.
  3. Investigated regarding the impact of poor performance among the staff.
  4. Addressed by changing the staffing mix on the night shift.

Question 3

Mr. A is a 70-year-old man with Alzheimer who was admitted for pneumonia. The family reports that he is usually independent with ADLs at home, but has been very confused in the hospital.

You find him urinating in the corner of his room. What is the priority response?

A. Would you be willing to wear a condom catheter and leg bag so that we can keep you dry?
  B. If you feel like you need to urinate, just push the call bell and someone will come to help you.
  C. Let me help you clean up and then I will call your family to come and sit with you.
  D. Sir, can you tell me your name? Can you tell me where you are right now?

Question 4

You are reviewing orders related to the urinary system for Ms. S. Which orders would you question? (Select all that apply.)

A. Insert a Foley catheter with a urometer.
  B. Measure I & O every hour.
  C. Obtain a urine sample for urinalysis.
  D. Perform Crede maneuver every 4 hours.
  E. Up to bedside commode with assistance as needed.
  F. Apply skin barrier paste to perineal area as needed

Question 5

Ms. S tells you, I pass a little urine when I sneeze, and with the surgery and my weight, it's hard for me to get up to the bathroom.

Which tasks related to urinary incontinence should be delegated to the unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP)? (Select all that apply.)

A. Assist the patient to use the bedpan as needed.
  B. Empty and clean the commode chair after every use.
  C. Assist the patient to don and change absorbent pads or undergarments as needed.
  D. Assist the patient to get up to the bedside commode whenever she calls for help.
  E. Frequently check the bed linens and the patient's clothes for moisture and change as needed.
  F. Coach the patient to perform Kegel exercises.

Question 6

Ms. S is a 55-year-old woman who is morbidly obese and 2 days postoperation for knee surgery. You notice a strong scent of urine when you enter the room. There is a bedside commode and a bedpan in the room. What should you do first?

A. Instruct the UAP to assist the patient with hygiene.
  B. Try to determine the source of the urine odor.
  C. Check the intake and output (I & O) record for urine output and the nurses' notes for problems with voiding.
  D. Review the medical records for a history of urinary incontinence.
Read 808 times
7 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
z0401210z0401210
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 310 words.