t
S
m
s
nishajt nishajt
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Both the directive and supportive leader behaviors in the path-goal approach are quite similar to the leader behaviors of the same name in the situational approach.

Participative and achievement-oriented behaviors are different from the other two behaviors in situational approach (coaching and delegating). Compare and contrast these four behaviors using your knowledge of both the situational approach and path-goal approach.
  What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

An adaptive challenge occurs when the problem is quite clear, but the solution is not easy to ascertain.

a. True
  b. False

Question 3

I openly share that my feelings were hurt by the negative comments made about me after a staff meeting and admit I made a mistake in how I handled the meeting. I am using which component of authentic leadership?

a. Moral reasoning
  b. Confidence
  c. Relational transparency
  d. Optimism

Question 4

Path-goal theory is criticized for its over-emphasis on the leader and not so much on the follower. This may lead to follower dependence on the leader.

What would you recommend to an organization wanting to avoid such outcomes? Use specific behaviors of the leader and give examples.
  What will be an ideal response?

Question 5

A technical challenge is one in which the leader can identify and implement a solution.

a. True
  b. False
Read 35 times
2 Replies