c
l
e
s
mchico mchico
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A patient is receiving a transfusion of packed red blood cells and consequently requires frequent vital signs. A set of vital signs was just due during the nurse's scheduled lunch break and so a colleague took the patient's vital signs.

After returning from lunch, the nurse
  confirmed with the colleague that the scheduled vital signs were taken, to which the colleague
  replied, Yes, it seems like I'm covering you a whole lot lately. How should the nurse best
  respond to the colleague's statement?

A) I don't think that's a fair thing to say because I can't help when a set of vitals are due.
  B) If you're implying that I don't pull my weight I think that you're badly mistaken.
  C) Well, what goes around comes around, right?
  D) Could you explain what you mean by that?

Question 2

Experts have identified a close relationship between the practice of transformational leadership and the empowerment of employees. What action should a nursing leader take to foster employee empowerment?

A) Have the performance of each employee appraised by his or her peers rather than by a
  manager or leader.
  B) Share information as openly as possible in order to make employees aware of problems.
  C) Adopt a hands-off approach in order to allow leadership to organically emerge from within
  the group of employees.
  D) Eliminate the practice of conducting performance appraisals of employees.

Question 3

A recent nursing graduate has asked an expert nurse how best to foster her leadership abilities, since she wishes to explore leadership opportunities later in her career. How should the expert nurse best respond?

A) Even if you don't trust a decision that you have to make, act like you chose the best
  option.
  B) Become as specialized as possible in your nursing experience.
  C) Develop your interpersonal skills by having a wide variety of interactions.
  D) Become as assertive as you can and take every opportunity to guide the behavior of
  others.

Question 4

Jennifer is a registered nurse who works in a busy emergency department. As one of her goals for the current year, Jennifer has resolved to develop her emotional intelligence. How should Jennifer best meet her goal?

A) Try to remove emotion from her clinical decision-making whenever possible.
  B) Become more assertive when responding to the emotional responses of patients, families,
  and coworkers.
  C) Become more aware of the way that her emotions function and how they influence her
  actions.
  D) Try to limit her expressions of emotion to times when she is not interacting with others.
Read 78 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
SDSUAZZSDSUAZZ
wrote...
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 330 words.