t
i
r
r
dionswife511 dionswife511
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A study mentioned in the text examined two groups of people. In the first group, the people began drinking early in adolescence and continued to increase their drinking throughout high school.

In the second group, they started drinking a lesser amount in early adolescence and increased drinking at two peak points, one in middle school and another later in high school. The study found that
  a) boys were more likely to follow the trajectory of the first group, while girls were more likely to follow the trajectory of the second group
  b) girls were more likely to follow the trajectory of the first group, while boys were more likely to follow the trajectory of the second group
  c) boys and girls were equally likely to follow either trajectory
  d) boys and girls from Eastern cultures were more likely to follow the second trajectory than boys and girls from Western cultures

Question 2

From a research perspective, which model would find interest in HIV and AIDS because large members of people are affected and can be identified early in the disease process?

a) psychodynamic
  b) cognitive
  c) biological
  d) biopsychosocial

Question 3

In __________ therapy, the therapist and the client work to identify the maladaptive assumptions (schemas) that a client holds about relationships from his or her early experiences.

a) assumption-based
  b) summary-based
  c) memory-based
  d) schema-based

Question 4

Exposure treatment is effective in __________ of clients.

a) 20-30
  b) 40-50
  c) 55-65
  d) 70-90

Question 5

From the humanist perspective, to act authentically means to

a) make rational choices.
  b) eliminate defense mechanisms.
  c) act according to one's own goals.
  d) be in touch with the collective unconscious.

Question 6

Approximately 1500 new cases of AIDS were diagnosed in 1988 in Chicago. This is an example of the estimate of the __________ of AIDS.

a) prevalence
  b) incidence
  c) risk factor
  d) statistical significance
Read 93 times
3 Replies