j
b
c
soobee soobee
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
My lecture notes states...

More uptake of branched-chain amino acids - leucine, isoleucine and valine-in muscle
in well-fed state. Why?

Also, these branched-chain amino acids mentioned above have 'escaped' from liver
to muscle in well-fed-state. What does this mean?

I mean I wonder why they come from liver in this condition to muscle.
Also muscle has plenty of glucoses already as E source, then, what is the point of
taking these for both protein synthesis (which is understandable) and as E source (which I don't understand)?

Anyone~?

Thank you
Read 1241 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
More uptake of branched-chain amino acids - leucine, isoleucine and valine-in muscle
in well-fed state. Why?

Also, these branched-chain amino acids mentioned above have 'escaped' from liver
to muscle in well-fed-state. What does this mean?

Hi soobee,

Generally, in the absorptive period, more amino acids are present than the liver can use in the synthesis of proteins and other nitrogen compound. The excess amino acids are either released into the blood for all tissues to use in protein synthesis or are deaminated; to produce energy. The body cannot store proteins. The liver has limited capacity to degrade the branched-chain amino acids (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) which are metabolized in the muscle
could of, should of, would of...
wrote...
12 years ago
This should help:

https://biology-forums.com/index.php/topic,17214
could of, should of, would of...
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1048 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 436