t
S
m
s
I mr ghost x I mr ghost x
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
From the list below, identify the person(s) responsible for one of the first formal attempts to study human sexuality using interviews of thousands of Americans.

A) B. F. Skinner
   B) William Masters and Virginia Johnson
   C) Helen Singer Kaplan
   D) Alfred Kinsey

Question 2

A persistent sad or low mood defines

A) bipolar disorder
   B) major depressive disorder
   C) hypomania
   D) cyclothymia

Question 3

Describe the cognitive-behavioral approach to the treatment of eating disorders. Include core elements of the paradigm.

What will be an ideal response?
Read 19 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Answer to #1

D

Answer to #2

B

Answer to #3

Cognitive-behavioral treatment (CBT) focuses on patterns of thinking as they influence eating patterns. The cognitive-behavioral model focuses on distorted cognitions about body shape, weight, eating, and personal control that lead to and maintain unhealthy eating and weight related behaviors. Proponents of the model emphasize the power of thoughts to influence feelings and behaviors in eating disorders. The therapist addresses both relatively easily accessible thoughts (automatic thoughts) and deeper core beliefs. Treatment involves challenging distorted cognitions and replacing them with health-promoting alternatives. The cognitive component of CBT appears to be the most critical for behavior change.
In the treatment of bulimia, self-monitoring is a primary focus. Patients keep track of what they ate, whether it was a binge or purge episode, the situation they were in, who else was present, and their thoughts and feelings. By analyzing the data, high risk situations for binge eating and purging may be identified. Subsequent steps involve mastering the language and concepts of CBT, including recognizing thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that are associated with unhealthy eating behavior; learning to recognize cues for and consequences of disordered eating; learning to control automatic thoughts; and learning to restructure distorted cognitions that perpetuate unhealthy eating behaviors.
I m. Author
wrote...
6 years ago
Now I'm convinced to ask more questions Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  813 People Browsing
 110 Signed Up Today
Related Images