t
S
m
s
Jcolons Jcolons
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Jacob, an expert in traffic patterns requirements for increasing highway lanes, is presenting to the Tennessee Department of Transportation about the need for additional highway lanes between Nashville and Memphis. What would be an effective opening for his presentation?
 a. Thank you for having me today. I want to tell you why TDOT needs to increase the number of highway lanes between Nashville and Memphis to 12.
  b. I am glad to be here Isn't the weather in Tennessee wonderful today?
  c. How many of you have spent time on the Interstate 51 between Nashville and Memphis? Then you have seen what I am about to describe.
  d. All of the above would be equally effective.

Ques. 2

Which of the following definitions BEST describes a Web portal?
 a. A site, such as Netvibes, that has the ability to search and gives users entry to various Web services
  b. A small search engine, such as Blackle, that is powered by a larger one
  c. A search engine, such as Yippy, that compiles the search results of multiple search sites
  d. A search engine, such as Leapfish, that sorts search results into categories

Ques. 3

Identify the nouns in the sentence. The hotel caters to foreign dignitaries.

Ques. 4

Which of the following would BEST capture the attention of the audience in an introduction to a speech about diversity in the workplace?
 a. First of all, I would like to thank you for the opportunity to speak today on Diversity in the Workplace..
  b. My name is John Smith, and today I will speak to you about managing intercultural workforces.
  c. My name is John Smith, and I have 15 years of experience managing intercultural workforces.
  d. How many of you were born outside the U.S.? Let's see a show of hands.

Ques. 5

Which statement does NOT describe the research problem?
 a. It differs from the managerial problem.
  b. It is the same as the research purpose.
  c. It may be divided into smaller elements.
  d. It may be stated as a question.

Ques. 6

Identify the verb in the sentence. Other options include term life insurance and group variable universal life.

Ques. 7

Management is requiring employees at Sentac Enterprises to attend a presentation by your consulting firm about how to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace. What technique should you use to get the audience interested in the presentation?
 a. Open your presentation with Thirty-five percent of employees at Sentac Enterprises say that in the last six months, they have felt uncomfortable in a work situation because of a sexual comment by a colleague..
  b. Thank your audience in advance for their time.
  c. Tell a sexually explicit joke as an example of what not to do to prevent sexual harassment.
  d. None of the above
Read 30 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
xdee21xdee21
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free