r
d
l
a
shmannix shmannix
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
In 1935, Congress enacted the Social Security Act that included a social insurance program for the elderly.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question -2-

In Gideon v. Wainwright (1963), the Supreme Court ruled that the Sixth Amendment means that those facing serious criminal offenses have the right to an attorney, even if they cannot afford one.

Question -3-

Dr. Francis E. Townsend proposed to end the Great Depression by offering to give all those over 60 years of age approximately the equivalent of 3,200 (in today's dollars) per month, with the condition that they not work and that they spend the

money immediately.

Question -4-

In order to provide an impartial jury, the Supreme Court has ruled that jurors may be sequestered or the venue for the trial changed in cases where there has been substantial publicity.

Question -5-

According to the current Supreme Court interpretation of double jeopardy, a person may be tried in state and federal court for the same offense.

Question -6-

Of the seven most industrialized countries, the United States has the highest infant mortality rate.

Read 34 times
3 Replies