t
i
r
r
cody.chaffee cody.chaffee
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Why are isolationists dissatisfied with contemporary U.S. foreign policy?

a. because the United States has not done enough to address human rights abuses in countries in which terrorists operate
  b. because the United States has ignored atrocities in Africa and other developing countries while dealing with the occupation in Iraq
  c. because the war in Afghanistan has demonstrated the importance of American involvement in Pakistan, but the United States hesitates to become involved
  d. because the occupation of Iraq proved that the United States did not learn the lessons of Vietnam

Question -2-

How is terrorism different from traditional military force?

a. Terrorism usually involves military targets.
  b. Terrorism is typically designed to instill fear in the general public.
  c. Terrorism is typically better financed.
  d. Only governments engage in terrorism.

Question -3-

How successful was deterrence during the Cold War and how well does it work in the war on terror?

a. It worked in the Cold War because it helped wipe out communism; it is working just as well in the war on terror by helping wipe out terrorism.
  b. It hindered the spread of democracy in Western Europe during the Cold War; today it hinders the spread of democracy in the Middle East.
  c. It worked in the Cold War because the nuclear threat made leaders on both sides cautious; it does not work in the war on terror because terrorists ignore retaliatory threats.
  d. It did not work in the Cold War, as demonstrated by U.S. involvement in Korea and Vietnam; it is working well in the war on terror, as shown by the lack of military conflict with North Korea and Iran.
Read 151 times
2 Replies