× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
chiraggupta105 chiraggupta105
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The Reggio Emilia approach to using graphic materials primarily stresses the value of helping children express their feelings.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question 2...

Which provides a strong argument for not creating integrated teaching units:

A) Integrated teaching units end up treating the standards for each discipline like one big check list, done it, did it, now let's move on.
  B) Developing integrated units requires a thorough understanding of the standards for each discipline.
  C) Developing an integrated unit requires time I can not afford to give up when there is so much I have to cover in one school year.
  D) Developing an integrated unit in isolation, one where I think I've addressed the concepts thoroughly and don't share it with my colleagues for constructive criticism, can leave students with misconceptions.
  E) None of the above.

Question 3...

Fine motor development involves

a. the child's ability to receive and use sensory input through moving, touching, seeing, hearing, smelling, and tasting.
   b. learning to coordinate the hands and fingers.
  c. the child's ability to use the arms, legs, and torso with speed, grace and precision.
  d. the development of the kinesthetic sense

Question 4...

In elementary school settings, the trend to eliminate recess

a. disregards research showing there is a national problem with childhood obesity and inactivity.
  b. frees up precious time when children could be involved in more essential academic work.
  c. is based on the fact that contemporary children spend more time in organized sports after school than previously.
  d. has been shown to positively influence learning outcomes.

Question 5...

Dombro, Jablon and Stetson (2011) suggest three steps for connecting with a child to extend learning. Which is NOT one of the suggested steps?

a. be present
  b. connect
  c. extend learning
  d. scaffold

Question 6...

Which of the following teachers' best exemplifies a thorough understanding of integrated instruction?

A) Karen O'Brien stated that she spent the entire summer studying the national standards from each of the major disciplines and then she developed a unit to start the school year using beginnings as the theme. In that unit she had her students explore the origin of numbers, the reason their local community was settled, the development of a seed, and the importance of an introductory sentence in the development of an essay.
  B) Kevin Trant developed a problem-based unit on pollution, requiring all of his students to use key concepts he identified in mathematics, social studies, science, and language arts to solve the problem.
  C) James Anthony developed separate standards-based mathematics, science, language arts, and social studies lessons and then tied them all together with an Internet search. D) Both Kevin and James understand what integrated instruction means.
   E) Karen and Kevin understand the meaning of integrated instruction.
Read 65 times
2 Replies