i
r
r
omggimmetheansw omggimmetheansw
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Grand tour questions in an action research interview

a. allow participants to describe something in their own terms.
  b. ask participants to describe a specific incident.
  c. ask participants to describe how something typically happens.
  d. allow participants to provide examples and use pictures to represent the example.

Ques. 2

Penny, a kindergartner, wants to learn how to draw a letter Q the way it appears in her coloring book. Penny's teacher watches her carefully and reinforces every attempt Penny makes to draw the letter Q correctly until the child actually draws the letter properly. This best demonstrates

a. shaping.
  b. negative reinforcement.
  c. classical conditioning.
  d. spontaneous recovery.

Ques. 3

Which is not a strategy for identifying and clarifying problems in action research include

a. reflection on what is happening in the practitioner's setting.
  b. observing and describing a situation the practitioner is interested in changing.
  c. developing testable hypotheses for what the practitioner believes are relevant factors affecting a situation.
  d. conducting a limited literature review on a topic of interest to the practitioner.

Ques. 4

Students for whom English is a second language need to understand the difference between words such as for and four. That is, they must learn to

a. generalize.
  b. extinguish.
  c. discriminate.
  d. reinforce.

Ques. 5

Which question is not likely to be addressed using action research?

a. How is my 4th grade classroom best organized to promote the use of math manipulatives?
  b. How can Excel be used to teach mathematics concepts in my 4th grade classroom?
  c. As a teacher, how have my beliefs about girls' achievement in mathematics been affected by my own experiences?
  d. Is there an interaction effect between gender and use of manipulatives on mathematics achievement of 4th graders?

Ques. 6

A high school student taking a class in Japanese is faced with learning a new symbol system in order to communicate in this language. He remarks to his teacher, I'll never be able to read Japanese because these symbols all look the same to me Obviously, this student's is/are not well developed at this point in the class.

a. discrimination skills
  b. generalization skills
  c. perception
  d. motivation

Ques. 7

Which question is most likely to be addressed using action research?

a. Do 4th grade children taught with math manipulatives outperform children taught without manipulatives on the state achievement test?
  b. How is my 4th grade classroom best organized to promote the use of math manipulatives?
  c. Is there an interaction effect between gender and use of manipulatives on mathematics achievement of 4th graders?
  d. Is there a correlation between mathematics self-efficacy and mathematics achievement?

Ques. 8

If you praise a child for learning that the plural of sheep is sheep and the plural of deer is deer and the child cries excitedly, Look at all the goat on seeing a herd of goats, this illustrates the learning theory principle of

a. extinction.
  b. discrimination.
  c. reinforcement.
  d. generalization.

Ques. 9

Which best represents the action research process?

a. reflect, plan, act, observe c. reflect, look, plan, act
  b. look, think, act, plan d. think, plan, observe, act

Ques. 10

James frequently seems to act out in the classroom. When the teacher has stopped paying attention, James's acting-out behavior has decreased considerably, but occasionally this behavior returns unexpectedly. The return of this unwanted behavior can be explained by the process of

a. extinction.
  b. shaping.
  c. negative reinforcement.
  d. spontaneous recovery.

Ques. 11

Which of the following is most characteristic of action research?

a. uses extensive literature reviews that rely on primary sources
  b. follows carefully prescribed procedures
  c. respects subjective judgments of individuals
  d. uses primarily professionally developed instruments
Read 92 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
dfsdfsdfdfsdfsdf
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago