t
S
m
s
fairlykyle fairlykyle
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Miss Bellows is the music teacher, and she has begun to teach her students how to play the recorder. She teaches them some basic notes and they begin to practice. Marlene gets frustrated because she is struggling to get her fingers in the right position to play the simple tune she is supposed to learn, but Miss Bellows says, It's okay, Marlene. You're going to make some mistakes as you learn how to play. It's part of the learning process. I'm glad to see you trying so hard; you'll get it soon.. Miss Bellows' words are

a. effective, because accepting imperfect initial performance can be an important part of motivating students and her encouragement may cause Marlene to persevere.
  b. effective, because no one is perfect, and Miss Bellows doesn't want Marlene to feel bad about herself.
  c. ineffective, because the sooner Marlene learns how to hit each note correctly, the sooner she will have mastered the material.
  d. ineffective, because giving this kind of feedback takes away from a student's ability to learn important life lessons about success and failure.

Ques. 2

About what percentage of students have a severe reading disability?

a. 1
  b. 3
  c. 6
  d. 10

Ques. 3

Madeline turns in a paper to you that is sloppy and halfway done. You call her over to ask her about it, and she says, Well, I finished it on the school bus on the way home yesterday, and that's why it's messy.. The best response on your part would be to say,

a. Oh, that was clever of you, and it makes sense now why the work is so messy. Next time, be sure to complete the whole assignment, though..
  b. Homework is called homework because it's supposed to be done at home, not on the school bus. If I wanted you to do it on the bus, I'd call it bus work. You're going to have to do this again, and from now on, I want you to wait until you get home to do any work..
  c. I suppose I can accept it like this just this once, but from now on, don't be so messy..
  d. I can see why you'd want to do your homework on the busit saves time and shows that you're being responsible in completing your work. Unfortunately, this work is of poor quality, and you'll need to revise and resubmit it; remember, I am looking for strong effort in your homework..

Ques. 4

Which of the following is an example of a student who should be provided Tier II instruction?

a. Although given extra help by the classroom teacher, George has not caught up with his classmates.
  b. After having been provided with extensive small group instruction, Kim has made encouraging progress.
  c. Cassandra is beginning to lag behind her classmates.
  d. After being given extra help by the classroom teacher, Hannah is beginning to catch up.

Ques. 5

Shanelle, one of your students, is loud and prone to leading the other students in minor misbehaviorchatting, dawdling, or passing notes. She's like a rain cloudwhatever students she's around are likely to be unhappy or engaged in some sort of conflict. By comparison, Eldon, another student in your class, seems easy to manage he is extremely quiet and helpful and generally gets along well with people, although he does seem to do a fair amount of daydreaming and sometimes avoids his work. Sometimes you even forget he's in your class. In terms of management concerns,

a. Shanelle and Eldon both present reasons for concern, and, as their teacher, you must address both Shanelle's misbehavior and Eldon's work avoidance.
  b. Shanelle presents a bigger problem than Eldon, because her misbehavior is so evident and so disruptive to the other students' learning.
  c. Eldon presents a bigger problem than Shanelle, because her behaviors are overt, and his are so subtle that you might miss them if you're not vigilant.
  d. neither Shanelle nor Eldon seem to present significant problems and as their teacher, you can relax your guard a bit.

Ques. 6

A major problem with the discrepancy definition is that

a. mostly bright students were identified.
  b. a large percentage of students who had serious reading difficulties were not identified.
  c. it is difficult to calculate.
  d. often there is a delay in identifying students who have reading problems.
Read 1618 times
14 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
BrargBrarg
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free