t
i
r
r
s.l.green s.l.green
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Mel and Tina were discussing student assessment in the teachers' lounge. Tina argued that multiple-choice items are ineffective because they can assess only lower-level learning. Mel suggested that multiple-choice items were more reliable than essay items. Of the following, which is the best conclusion we can make about these teachers' statements?

a. Both Tina and Mel are correct.
  b. Neither Tina nor Mel is correct.
  c. Tina is correct, but Mel is incorrect.
  d. Mel is correct, but Tina is incorrect.

Ques. 2

Mrs. Brown is debating about going over the results of the quiz she gave yesterday. She feels it is a waste of time. Based on research examining effective testing, which of the following is the most valid advice to give her?

a. Go over the results, because these discussions are often more valuable than the original instruction.
  b. Only go over items missed by more than two thirds of the class.
  c. Don't go over the results, since discussing the test takes up instructional time that can be better spent on new topics.
  d. Don't go over the results, since discussing the test leads to arguments that detract from classroom climate.

Ques. 3

Of the following, which is an example of an objective test?

a. A multiple-choice exam
  b. An essay exam
  c. A portfolio project
  d. A performance assessment

Ques. 4

Success in learning activities is important for students. However, to be most effective, success should be combined with an additional variable in the Model for Promoting Student Motivation if motivation is to be increased as much as possible. That variable is:

a. teacher caring.
  b. teacher enthusiasm.
  c. task comprehension.
  d. challenge.

Ques. 5

I like to use a lot of questioning in my class. I won't ever leave kids who've answered incorrectly until I get an acceptable answer from them. The variable in the Model for Promoting Student Motivation that the example best illustrates is:

a. success.
  b. personalization.
  c. task comprehension.
  d. modeling and enthusiasm.

Ques. 6

The question or statement at the beginning of a multiple-choice test item is referred to as:

a. an option.
  b. a distracter.
  c. a stem.
  d. a prompt.
Read 155 times
4 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
samsung g.samsung g.
wrote...
Rep: 6 0
6 years ago