Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The student who most attributes performance to a stable cause is:

a. Ken.
  b. John.
  c. Korri.
  d. Pam.

Ques. 2

With respect to motivation, the benefits, rewards, or advantages that individuals believe may result from participating in an activity best describes which of the following?

a. Beliefs about intelligence
  b. Beliefs about capability
  c. Beliefs about value
  d. Beliefs about causes of performance

Ques. 3

You have a student who seems to have given up, and she won't try no matter how much effort you make. According to attribution theory, she most likely has been attributing her lack of success to:

a. lack of ability.
  b. lack of effort.
  c. bad luck.
  d. tests and assignments that are too hard.

Ques. 4

I'm going to drop French, Dana says to her friend, Judy. I'm taking calculus, AP English, and physics this year, which is difficult, and French is overwhelming me. I know French is important, and I'm fairly good at it, but I simply don't have the time to devote to it. Which of the following is the best explanation for Dana's reaction?

a. The attainment value for French is not high enough for Dana, so she isn't motivated to study it.
  b. French doesn't have high utility value for Dana, so she is not motivated to study it.
  c. Studying French doesn't help Dana meet her need for competence, so she is not motivated to study it.
  d. Dana believes that the cost of taking French is too high, so she is not motivated to study it.

Ques. 5

Research indicates that students tend to view the causes of their successes and failures as being due primarily to four factors. They are:

a. ability, effort, luck, and task difficulty.
  b. aptitude, effort, interest, and luck.
  c. interest, motivation, aptitude, and achievement.
  d. values, interest, aptitude, and achievement.

Ques. 6

Jana's comment, I think I'm a good writer best illustrates which of the following?

a. Her sense of self-worth.
  b. An aspect of her self-schema.
  c. An attribution about her ability in English.
  d. Her aesthetic appreciation of English.

Ques. 7

I work really hard on my math, Mike, a middle school student, comments. I know that math courses in high school are tough, so the better I understand it now, the better I'll understand it when I get to the tough classes. Using learners' beliefs as a basis, which of the following best explains why Mike is motivated to study math?

a. Doing well in math will be reinforcing for him, since reinforcers increase behavior.
  b. Doing well in math will help him develop his sense of self-worth need, since it will suggest he has high ability in math.
  c. Doing well in math has high utility value for him, since he sees it as useful for meeting future goals.
  d. Doing well in math will help him meet his need for self-determination, because it will give him a feeling of autonomy.

Ques. 8

The concept of utility value is most closely related to which of the following theories?

a. Expectancy x value theory
  b. Goal theory
  c. Attribution theory
  d. Self-determination theory
Read 149 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
trustheprocesstrustheprocess
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago