r
d
l
a
lauracecii93 lauracecii93
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
On which theory of learning is strategic learning most nearly based?

a. Behaviorism
  b. Social cognitive theory
  c. Information processing
  d. Constructivism

Ques. 2

Of the following, which strategy for improving our students' problem solving abilities is Jim best applying by having students offer different views about whether or not their conclusions are valid?

a. Present problems in real-world contexts.
  b. Develop students' expertise with worked examples.
  c. Capitalize on social interaction.
  d. Encourage sense making.

Ques. 3

Explain why assessment is so essential when basing instruction on social influences on learning and the process of knowledge construction.

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 4

Which of the following is the best illustration of intrinsic motivation?

a. Brad does trigonometry problems, because, I want to understand stuff, like the way buildings are built.
  b. Sue studies hard so, I can maintain my A average in trig.
  c. Janet does her homework faithfully, because, I need a scholarship to be able to go to college.
  d. Rick works hard in trig, because, Mrs. Stevens told me I have a lot of potential in math if I am willing to work.

Ques. 5

Cognitive operations that go beyond the normal activities required to carry out a task are called:

a. concepts.
  b. academic rules.
  c. principles.
  d. strategies.

Ques. 6

David Moore tries to start each of his lessons with a demonstration, such as dropping two objects of unequal weight and seeing them fall with the same rate of acceleration. Which of the following best describes Mr. Moore's attempts?

a. He is trying to capitalize on learners' extrinsic needs to feel competent.
  b. He is trying to capitalize on learners' intrinsic needs for intellectual achievement.
  c. He is trying to capitalize on the intrinsically motivating effects of curiosity.
  d. He is trying to capitalize on learners' intrinsic needs for control and self-determination.

Ques. 7

Of the following, which strategy for improving our students' problem solving abilities is Jim best applying by modeling an analysis of his first case study including all the steps involved in the analysis?

a. Present problems in real-world contexts?
  b. Develop students' expertise with worked examples.
  c. Capitalize on social interaction.
  d. Encourage sense making.

Ques. 8

Your text discusses essential characteristics of deliberate practice. First, describe deliberate practice, and explain why it is important. Second, identify and describe the characteristics of deliberate practice.

Ques. 9

Identify two challenges in teaching problem solving, and explain why they are so challenging.

Read 165 times
3 Replies