t
i
r
r
walidkhalifa walidkhalifa
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
In looking for the causes of aggressive and sometimes violent behavior, researchers have found that both parents and communities contribute to the problem because:

a. drug dealers working to near the school zone, which lead to violence both outside and inside the school.

b. parents or caregivers who actually teach their children to disrespect authority.

c. parents and community members fail to enforce rules and consequences at home and in the neighborhoods.

d. of their failure to help students develop appropriate social skills and by failing to model these skills.

Ques. 2

Rafael's parents are coming in for a conference because his grades are slipping. You know from past interactions that they tend to be defensive and critical and like to share each concern they have individually. Which of the following statements are you least likely to say at the start of their conference?

a. I've set aside 30 minutes for us to talk. If we still have things we need to talk about after 30 minutes have passed, we'll schedule a follow-up appointment.
  b. It's so nice to see you two again. Rafael has shown some significant growth this semester.
  c. I'm glad you came in and that we have this chance to put our heads together and generate ideas. I know we all want to help Rafael be successful in this class.
  d. I'm glad you're here. Rafael has been struggling, and I think the problem is that he is not doing his homework. What if you guys put a system in place where he can't play video games until his homework is done?

Ques. 3

Self-evaluation serves a number of useful purposes. Which of the following is NOT one of the benefits of having students self-evaluate prior to a parent-teacher conference?

a. a reduction in student anxiety about what parents and teachers will be discussing
  b. an increased student sense of significance, competence, and power
  c. a chance for students to think critically about their progress at a certain point in the school year
  d. generation of a record of student progress that ultimately reduces the teacher's responsibility for assigning grades

Ques. 4

At an elementary school parent orientation meeting, one would be least likely to see a teacher discuss

a. the frequency and nature of homework typically assigned.
  b. the different ways in which the teacher will communicate with students' families.
  c. the behavioral expectations and approach to discipline to be used.
  d. the specific instructions and grading rubric for the first major project assigned.

Ques. 5

Students should be given the ________ and responsibility to move beyond rules to a point where they can decide appropriate behavior for themselves.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Ques. 6

Which of the following teacher actions is most likely to increase the attendance of parents/families/caregivers at school events like PTO meetings?

a. giving students a newsletter announcing the event and asking them to take it home a month before the event occurs
  b. emailing parents with information about the event a few days before it occurs
  c. including a note about the event in the students' weekly planners that parents are asked to review and sign
  d. calling parents to invite them to come, and mentioning something positive about their child during the conversation

Ques. 7

Not only are ________ rewards ineffective at producing lasting change in attitudes or behaviors, they fail to help children become caring, responsible people or lifelong, self-directed learners.

Ques. 8

Which duty should a classroom volunteer NOT be given?

a. recording student grades in the electronic gradebook
  b. working as a tutor with individual students
  c. circulating and assisting while students do seatwork
  d. chaperoning field trips

Ques. 9

Making students suffer in order to alter their future behavior might result in temporary compliance, but this approach probably will not help students become ethical and compassionate ________ ________.

Read 57 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
hannahnik16hannahnik16
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free